Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

Help O/T

I only post here since there is a lot of traffic :-) I'm trying to logon on to secure server for my banking, but neither IE or Opera will load any of the pages (I have tried selecting from my favourites and typing the address). However I am able to access the site from my smartphone.In Opera the status bar shows that there is no data transfer going on and the page will try to load forever (most i've tried is 15mins). The same thing must be happening with IE. However I am able to load other secure pages, such as simmarket.could someone try the following link to see if it loads as I've had the problem for the last 3-4 days:https://www.ibank.barclays.co.ukCan some of you experts please try and help me out, thanks

Alaister Kay

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,It loaded ok for me. It maybe some firewalling option you have turned on, like Privacy Protection or something. If you're runnning a firewall you might try turning it off that option or turning it off altogether. If it's not that then it's probably a problem with your either your ISP or some router between you the the website.Good Luck,Jim

It is strange as I haven't changed any of my settings over the last week. It was working on Saturday. I did let my girl friend touch it the other day though, but I didn't see her change anything. Any other ideas?

Alaister Kay

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Again Alaister,Sorry,I don't really have that much more in the way of ideas. If you want to purchase VisualRoute at www.visualware.com or sign up to try the demo you can use it to run a trace and see what info it gives you. But it may not necessarily be of great help. It is a pretty cool curiousity tool though. I ran it on your site and it said that...'IP Packets are being lost past "MSP Access" (which is the name of a network in the UK) at hop 18. There is insuffcient cached information to determine the next network at hop 19.'And it didn't show me any hops after hop 18. But it still reached the final destination and I can still reach the site in my browser from here in the US. I can give you the info it shows about "MSP Access". I'll just give you the e-mail addresses.For reporting abuse: abuse@bt.netNormally where I think it would say 'Admin' it says..changed: preston.dialip@bt.comI do not know if it's because of the Network Access Point that you are not getting through or what, because like I said, I can get through. But anyway, there you go. Send an e-mail if you want stating the problem and that you are having trouble getting through and maybe they can track it down. I would try the preston.dialip@bt.com address first.Good Luck,Jim