Sign in to follow this  
BobK

Level D 767...WOW.....

Boone I here what your saying but I can also understand others wanting to know what the product's shortcomings are. I hear this blind praise that gives a very false surger coated impression. I don't mean this as a slam to Level-D but not everyone is having a trouble free experience with this add-on (bugs are a fact of life with a new release). I just posted this over on LDS's support forum. This is just something to give you guys an example of the problems some of us are having:'Last night I tried hand flying this bird up to 10,000ft before turning the AP on. Didn't work... It seems weather (AS2004.5) is affecting this bird causing the nose to pitch up erratically (took off from KORD). I'm constantly pushing the yoke to keep the nose down, trim has little effect to help (actually I find myself adjusting the trim down and the trim magically raises back up. Not only am I fighting the plane, I

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Come on Tero!Don't take it too serious!Haven't you seen? I had added a :-wave to my last post.Wolfgang

Guest ohioguy

Sorry, but GOOD GOD! There's some personality issues here. This is a hobby right? Anyway, I had to say something, now back to the hobby.

Guest MarkM

>Guys,>>IFrom the incredibly detailed>systems, to the flex wings, to the flight model, lighting,>visual model, etc. You have done an unbelievable job. My>congratulations to the developers, publishers and last, but>certainly not least, the beta testers, for which I know from>personal experience were instrumental in producing as near to>a perfect initial release as I have ever seen.>>Thanks again,???? Are you kidding? as for me that model is a badjoke! Just look at those zombies in the cockpit. Geeez!And the textures are at freeware quality level.In general, all graphics sucks big time. Very dissappointed.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/108465.jpg

Dillon,Thank you for that! See now was that so bad LD? Now as a POTENTIAL customer you wouldn't LOSE ME just because there seems to be some issues...I haven't seen too many good add-ons WITHOUT problems initially. If you had your forums open to VIEW, I would monitor how you all correct this problem (if it indeed is a problem- but by the sounds of it- it is).I didn't buy the PMDG until well after it was patched, but I bought it because I could SEE what they were doing to correct the situation. All in all, you aren't gaining anything by closing your support forums to non-owners, as you can see the word gets out any way you look at it. If anything, it looks WORSE that problems are reported outside the support forums rather than in them- it almost seems as if the problems aren't being addressed if your paying customers are wandering outside your forum and into the AVSIM forums to report their problems. <--- I know that's not Dillons case here bust just imagine if...

:-xxrotflmao - not slamming LDS here, but I almost always find zooming in to the cockpit of most a/c to be a hilarious experience - lotta dead pilots out thereIronically the same shot shows a nice external model imho - Did you know that IFDG's A320 zombies leave the cockpit when the rear doors are opened? :-xxrotflmaoregards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

To make a few comments about the support forum...How it is setup was decided by the group. Of course as mentioned, there is no need for the support forum being open for posts for non-purchasers... Whether it is open for reading later may be addressed down the road.The General forum is fully open to reading and posting by non-purchasers. There, a prospective buyer is free to post questions regarding thing such as "are there any major bugs?", "does the flight attendant really tell the captain that the cabin is too cold", "Does the fuel burn match real-life tables?", etc...Keeping the forum closed does offer advantages, such as file links that should be only for the purchasers, performance of the forum is improved due to less database lookups (having super good forum performance improves the purchasers experience), and from the post point, it does keep the group much more focused. And yes, a "club" environment is somewhat established, and this is likely enjoyed by the purchasers.We are not trying to be rude, or snobbish. We do have a full public forum that is VERY active, open to questions, has previews, has some technical information, and more.And finally, we offer a full 30 day return policy on the product. OK, there is no demo version, but it is like having the FULL product as a demo in a way. So if you are borderline, and do not want it because you can't read the forum, then we hope this makes up for it a little. Regardless, we think the return policy is a good policy.Hope this clarifies things a little.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Steve,Thank you for your response - I do take your point about the bandwidth thing and wanting the best experience for your purchasers, and am glad to hear that any particularly burning curiosities that 'leak' can be posed and addressed in the general forum.I'm an mcdu/fcu guy and have a helluva lotta reading to do before buying, but overall as payware goes your product does look like a winner.I do hope that forumwise thingw will open up a bit when the rush dies down. regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest Pyjamas

>"Any support topics being talked about is none of your>business really, when you think about it. If you don

Steve,Thanks for your clarifications. You have destroyed my concerns and convinced me.I'm sure I'll get the LDS 767 for my birthday on March 5th. :-lolWolfgang

Steve- Thanks for clearing the air-and you sold me again! lol- last time it was the FS Water, that 30 day money back guarantee really does pay off. I'll be getting that 767 soon.

I wish you well with this release but the closed forum thing is a most unfortunate decision as you can see from the length and tone of this thread. I trust this decsion can be reversed quickly to at least allow non purchasers to read posts so that we can all get back to discussing LDS 767 itself and not peripheral matters. In my case I think I will spend the money I had (mentally) put aside for the LDS 767 on Misty Fjords.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Thanks Steve, I think I see your point... In defense of Level-D, they do offer great support and really do try to help. Based on their attention to my problem, I posted this as a response to them (might as well show a happy outcome since my earlier post focused on the problem):"Well the two suggestions above seem to have worked on my system (unchecking the "Pause on Task Switch" and deleting fsuipc.ini). I now have a working Auto Pilot again and I'm able to hand fly her without any trim problems. What's interesting is FS9 locked up with the 767 when my battery died while I was sitting on the ramp. I have HT enabled on my machine and always have FS9 running on one virtual processor. I notice with FDC when I have one virtual processor assigned to it, there's a tendency for the program lockup if I need to reset it. I always have to close the program out and restart it. That seems to be what's going on with PIC767. Everything seems to be fine if I use both virtual processors on FS9 when using PIC767. I noticed sound seems to stop working when I hit the tailhook key to open the rear cargo door (I have the 'Q' key assigned to that). If I close it the sound comes back on... Well I hope this gives some insight as to what's causing many of us problems. I still need to test more to see if I no longer have these weird issues..."Like I said I'm still testing but progress has been made toward a solution... :-cool

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

This whole thread is ridiculous. Everytime a new payware project comes out, someone gets his panties in a wad and throws a fit. First of all, every payware item has bugs in the beginning. The awesome Flight 1 ATR did and so did the wonderful PMDG 737. Some people suffer from them and others don't. A patch or two and everything should be working much better. Then you whine about support forums? Would you rather they don't have forums like Arianne and some other developers who just ignore customers altogether? For a hobby that is based on a game for fun, it sure generates a lot of cry babies. One guy even had his wife trying to get Flight 1 to help her husband because he just couldn't handle it anymore, ROFL.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Chris, I am in perfect agreement with you.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2