Sign in to follow this  
BobK

Level D 767...WOW.....

Guest Yorick

I love these kinds of posts. God forbid someone express some concerns about a product they'd like to purchase, or give the seller some feedback, or do anything except worship the ground the developer walks on. :-rollPeople who want to know more about the product before making the decision to purchase have every right to make their opinion known. They're not "getting their panties in a wad," they're trying to spend their money intelligently. Steve was very civil about the whole thing, so I don't see why people think that Level D needs virtual bodyguards :(

LDS may not need virtual bodyguards, but if there are puchasers who seem to like it enough to argue in its favor, then maybe that might be an indication to you about the quality of the 767. Do people defend Abacus like this? Or Ariane? Or Lago? Hmmm...I just have to say that it works fine on my computer. I feel sorry for those who feel that they are having problems either from reasons of bad installs/unforseen configurations/not reading manuals/etc. But if you get over those issues, they can finally get an evolved and improved 767PIC back into FS9.

I don't see it as just "concern". Some individuals are civil and remain patient about the issues they have. I'm not saying everyone on this thread or forum is wrong or should get a grip, but some people have this vitriol about payware no matter what the developers do. I personally think the support forums should be open to reading, but they're not, and as a customer of the LDS767 product I can tell you it's not some secret society transferring encrypted messages back and forth. The support forum reads no different than any other Flight One message board.Are some people having problems? Yes. Is the LDS team working to isolate them? Yes. So far, it's a great product with many exciting features. Either buy it or don't, but to say I'll wait for the freeware version coming out is very trite. Freeware has it's place, however, payware includes features you will not see on freeware for obvious reasons.I'm sorry if I sound a bit harsh. I just get sick and tired of the agendas people push in this community. It's a hobby! Enjoy the fact you even have a computer to play FS on.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>>I'd like to echo the resentment of not being able to view the>support forum without purchasing. I can see not being able to>post, but not to view?>>TerryThat's easy to answer isn't it? Once they have your money, who cares what you want to say about it? Everybody that reads your allowed comments has fallen into the same trap.All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

>>Guys,>>>>IFrom the incredibly detailed>>systems, to the flex wings, to the flight model, lighting,>>visual model, etc. You have done an unbelievable job. My>>congratulations to the developers, publishers and last, but>>certainly not least, the beta testers, for which I know from>>personal experience were instrumental in producing as near>to>>a perfect initial release as I have ever seen.>>>>Thanks again,>>>???? Are you kidding? as for me that model is a bad>joke! Just look at those zombies in the cockpit. Geeez!>And the textures are at freeware quality level.>In general, all graphics sucks big time. Very dissappointed.>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/108465.jpg>:-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao Had I had such a co-pilot I would have to :-hang

Guest frankathl

Hi Dillon,"Q" turns sound on/off in FS, so that is most likely what causes your problem with the sound.BR,Frank

Guest vas_yan

Don't know if someone else mentioned this but the RFP forums are also open only to customers, methinks. Regards,

my panties are in a wad????? - let's see...My panties are most certainly NOT in a wad!!!! :-xxrotflmao regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Your right Frank but when you change the key assignment in FS9 that cancels out the other assignment. In short one key can't do multiple things. At least that's my understanding... :-hmmm

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

LDS767 has its own set of key assignments also. Some of your key assignments can conflict with the custom key assignments. Although the sound on/off is not listed in their custom key menu, I will bet that there is a latent sound on/off function in the LDS custom keys...you just can't get to it to change it. I seem to recall this came up also with 767PIC.This is something you may want to post in the support forum. Although I would word it in such a way that it is clear to them that Q is not assigned to sound on/off in your FS key control menu.

Mr. Hawk,I know, or at least I seem to remember, that you were a PIC supporter, and were looking forward to the release of the Level D 767 - until you discovered that you had a personal ax to grind with one of the members. You made that quite clear in the PIC forum.Whether your grudge is justified or not doesn't matter. The fact that your REAL reason for this dislike of LDS is personal, makes you appear a bit immature when you try to grasp for other reasons to support your stance. If it weren't for that single issue, you'd probably have purchased the product, and would probably be enjoying it right now.You're using your personal issue against everyone involved with this product, and trying to dissuade potential buyers, and that's a shame.You get a 30 day money back guarantee with the LDS 767. You could try it out, and even visit the "forbidden forum" to see all the dirty little secrets that you infer we're hiding. If you still feel that your personal issue outweighs any actual merits of the product, just get your money back.You're obviously an intelligent professional, with a very big ax to grind. Please take a few moments to sit back and look at this picture - what the real issues are, and what you're trying to portray to everyone.Also - PMDG is a reputable group, with great products, support and people. It does them a great disservice for you, or anyone else, to bash another product that they haven't even tried, while flying their banner on your posts. It isn't right for you to put PMDG, or any other company or group in that position.Respectfully,Bob Klemm

BobK

Bob I'll just say this, you have to reach pretty far to find something wrong with the LD767. Yes it has a few things left to fix but it's perfection in FS design. I really hate the fact that Captain Sim is releasing another version and not moving on to other aircraft that need attention (like the Airbus series for example). There's allot of things around here that's leaving a bad taste in my mouth, whether it be the disrespectful attitudes or the useless competition between developers.LDS is an awesome package that faithfully carries on the PIC767 tradition which set the current standard only a few years ago. How can anyone complain about the main group of people that started this whole advanced simulation thing of heavy airliners (no has yet duplicated and/or toped the systems failure simulation that the PIC team brought to the table). Because of the efforts of Dreamfleet and the PIC767v1 team, we now have add-ons like Feelthere's ERJ, Ready for Pushback's 747-200, and PMDG. Eric Ernst and the gang raised the bar so long ago to give us what we have today. The least we could do is show some respect...There are many of you that are new to this whole thing. It's up to us old timers to school the young ones for once... :-hah

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Level D is cheap at $40.00. Don't be cheap, buy it.JimCYWG

Tero,Thanks for making what sounds like a good sim of the '767'. I have a dial-up connection so have no chance in obtaining the full download. Will there be a disk available to people like me please?How much would it cost in

Dave Taylor gb.png