Sign in to follow this  
BobK

Level D 767...WOW.....

Due to my job in the travel industry, I'm flying as a passenger on a regular basis. Thus I see cabins in reality so often, that it is the last thing I need in an FS airliner.Wolfgang

Guest sfoofficer

***OFF TOPIC***-For Jeroen and Sven-Excellent to hear about your landings with the Concorde. :D Guess that little tutorial I've been working on will come a little late for you two.Is it me, or is life a little less hectic with the race all said and done? :DBest Regards,

Within a week, I doubt that there will be any livery left undone. We released a large number of them BEFORE the product came out, and many more are already in the works by the Level D and 3rd party painters.

BobK

I like the combination of Active Camera and a virtual cabin, enables you to set up a large number of wing views. Just a personal preference as the purists who won't move out of the cockpit in flight aren't going to be bothered by this and they are the target market for this product.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

What do you do with the vitual cabin? ... cant find anything to do with mine .. just curious.... thxVernon

Guest jase439

Not directed to anyone in particular but:If flying inside a virtual cabin w/ flushable lavs is the hallmark of a "high end simulator", then Level-D is not for you. This is not "novelty-ware".

As I said the purists aren't at all fussed by the absence of a virtual cabin but with Active Camera it certainly adds to the total experience. Having been a past PIC fan from its very earliest days I guess I will be signing up for its sucessor - at least this will enable me to finaly delete FS2002 and free up some disc space. As I recall initially we weren't even being given a virtual cockpit in this new release (again to the loud applause of the purists). Can't recall ever having a look inside the PMDG 737NG virtual dunnies (to use the Australian vernacular) must do this.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi Alex*** Also off topic ***Less hectic...YesAll said and done...NO!BRDGSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest MarkM

Yes, I like virtual cabins too, what a pity it is not included! "Plethora of versions and liveries" from Captain Sim - sounds attractive. Probably it is worth waiting a little. Cap Sim's preview looks good, I like their model.

But what's under the hood is what interests me... ;). Many can make nice visual models, but to truly simulate a large airliner with all of its systems is another story.Very interested to see the outcome :)Tero

PPL(A)

I wanted to point out that some reported smooth VC and good FPS, that is all true, however, the refresh rate of the gauges is less than perfect. I have a P4 3Gh, 1Gb DDR RAM, GT6800/256MbThis has been reported in the levelD forum and the response from the developers is that nothing can be done about this, the main reason is that more than 4 sections has been implemented for the VC.Let's hope that Microsoft looks into this for the next release. Otherwise levelD is awsome, sound is amazing, flight model is solid, systems great,etc... I would recommend it to anyone! (the VC lovers like me may find it hard to hand fly due to the poor refresh rate however)John

Guest McFly

Any comparisons yet with the PMDG 737 series: Systems modeling, FMC specific? I have no complaints with PMDG. Wouldn't mind flying something else once in a while.I'd like to echo the resentment of not being able to view the support forum without purchasing. I can see not being able to post, but not to view?Terry

>Any comparisons yet with the PMDG 737 series: Systems>modeling, FMC specific? >>>TerryThe systems modelling in LDS is more complex. The question asked in the past has always been the other way around: How does PMDG compare to 767PIC...

still hectic but at another level.Now it's back to customers and bosses breathing down my neck for software to be completed :)Completed 2 good landings in Concorde so far at JFK, now thinking to try doing one by hand again now that I've seen how the autopilot handles them.

Guest davidvoogd

I wasn't a heavy fan before, but I sure am now!So far the most complex plane I've flown was the PMDG 737 series, and this wasn't too hard of a step up. But this package is so complete (except for SIDs/Stars which will come) it's insane!Personally I don't care at all about VC's and Cabins (yeah! seats! .... I don't get it lol), I have the VC disabled actually. The external model eye candy is incredible though, the ram air turbine actually spins at a speed proportional to your airspeed! Lots of little features that make it great.Anyways if you're interested in complex aircraft, this is a great one to go for.