Sign in to follow this  
dsweiner

ATC

I am using FS9. Is there someway to add an airline to ATC?I am currently running a Continental Express aircraft and would like to use that name in the ATC calls. I tried adding the name to the "AIRLINE.CFG" file but that did not help. Is there some other file that has to be modified?Thanks,David Weiner

Guest 727Fan

If you want a simpler approach:Open the aircraft .cfg folder in any of the specific aircraft folders.Find the line atc_airline= After the equal sign, type in the airline call sign.FS9 supports about 100 or so airlines, so you will hear atc call outthe name you type.But some, like US Airways, need to be typed US AirThere are others that require an exact form. There were several notesregarding this on the AVSIM Boards. I believe there was a comprehensive listing called "All ATC" or something along that line. It gave all the exact names, as well as types and manufacturer. Just nose around the file library and I'm sure you'll find something.But, if you want even more options regarding atc names, use Edit Voice Rick

Guest Les Parson

Continental Express uses the callsign of : "Jetlink" which is already included.

>If you want a simpler approach:>Open the aircraft .cfg folder in any of the specific aircraft>folders.>Find the line atc_airline= >After the equal sign, type in the airline call sign.>FS9 supports about 100 or so airlines, so you will hear atc>call out>the name you type.>But some, like US Airways, need to be typed US Air>There are others that require an exact form. There were>several notes>regarding this on the AVSIM Boards. I believe there was a>comprehensive listing called "All ATC" or something along that>line. It gave all the exact names, as well as types and>manufacturer. Just nose around the file library and I'm sure>you'll find something.>>But, if you want even more options regarding atc names, use>Edit Voice >RickThank you :-)