Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

09JUN14 - PMDG 777 SP1 and 300ER updates

I seriously hope some of you guys appreciate the work that went into the fly-by-wire overhaul once you see it. This is probably one of the most complex things ever done in an FSX addon - we've got it matching our level D simulator experiment videos essentially exactly now. All of it is "simulated" too in the sense that what you see the airplane doing like chasing the trim reference speed, going into phugoid oscillations etc isn't coming from the base level FSX flight dynamics engine. There's a demand-based C* control law just like the real airplane has operating on top of the base FSX engine that left to itself would result in Airbus-style holding of pitch and bank at all times. This then has further processing on top of it to create the speed stability and phugoid tendency, all the compensation stuff, etc. (Boeing calls the complete system C*U - "see star you"). What you're feeling while handflying in SP1 is essentially our own custom flight dynamics engine riding on top of FSX now. This was not easy to do and we've gotten it as close as we think is possible in FSX. I think everyone will be very happy with it.

Looking forward to it!! B)

Best regards,

Robin.

Looking forward to it!! B)

Best regards,

Robin.

Aye!

Thanks for the update. That phugoid oscillation thing sounds like it is going to get on some people's nerves. Can't wait.

Sweet!

Thanks to all at PMDG. Not too many sleeps now.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Tabs, on 09 Jun 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

I seriously hope some of you guys appreciate the work that went into the fly-by-wire overhaul once you see it. This is probably one of the most complex things ever done in an FSX addon - we've got it matching our level D simulator experiment videos essentially exactly now.

As one of the first to spot the fly by wire trim issue, and one of the most vociferous complainers...

You bet, it will be very much appreciated.

That phugoid oscillation thing sounds like it is going to get on some people's nerves. Can't wait.

There are a couple of additions that will get on people's nerves, and they're realistic.  If people don't read the intro manual, this forum is going to be spammed with false issue reports.

I know one of them will end up here over and over again, but I'm not going to come out with it.  I'd rather be evil and force people to read the manual...

Kyle Rodgers

But where in the manual? There's thousands of pages!

Also I have no understanding of what Ryan is saying, sounds good though, just do not understand one thing he wrote!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'd rather be evil and force people to read the manual...

You left out an adjective. ;)

But where in the manual? There's thousands of pages!

If you read the full post, I referred to the intro manual.  It's only 120-or-so pages (once it gets updated with the new info and addition of a table of contents).  Moreover, there's specifically a section that states "if you read nothing else, read this!"

I don't usually send people off on a wild goose hunt through the FCOMs.  That's mean.  Even for me...  :P

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks PMDG for this awesome news!

Taking the chance, is there any news about the P3D and XP10?

Hope after this launch the dev team can look more for this platforms :)

Amazing News...Thanks so much Robert!!!!

Amazing News...Thanks so much Robert!!!!

Edit: disregard - I got my threads confused and am an idiot...  :ph34r:

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for all your hard work! Hopefully after SP1 you will have a better bug fixing release plan rather than the wait for the SP however this sounds promising :)

Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 9700k @ 5.1ghz | RTX 3090 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600 RAM | 2 x Samsung Evo plus M.2.