Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

09JUN14 - PMDG 777 SP1 and 300ER updates

Rubbish.

When you say rubbish, it helps the reader know who and what post you refer too, that is what the quote button is for.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Trust us, it is free. Why do you want confirmation ? PMDG have never charged for a SP, and not likely too, ever!!

Go to PMDG main site, and look for service packs, if it asks you for your Visa, came back and let us know.

If you read my post you will see that am assuming that the service pack will be free. All am asking is if PMDG have said so. It's a free world and therefore I can ask a question and I don't need to explain why I ask. Unless you know for certain, you like me can only assume.

They have said so many times. You could do a search on this forum or drop a ticket..

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

If you read my post you will see that am assuming that the service pack will be free. All am asking is if PMDG have said so. It's a free world and therefore I can ask a question and I don't need to explain why I ask. Unless you know for certain, you like me can only assume.

I am at work so I don't have time to find it, but it's been said multiple times by PMDG. Only catch is that you need it to run the 300er

I am at work so I don't have time to find it, but it's been said multiple times by PMDG. Only catch is that you need it to run the 300er

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Have PMDG announced any where that the service pack will be free of charge? 

It will be a free update, it's been said before.

its only  free to those  user  that havnt  posted  wheres  the sp1   going to be released :lol:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The day I pay for a Service pack is the day I no longer purchase payware. So why Nixon thinks you pay for it is beyond me. Somebody show me a developer that charges for a Service Pack.

I define a SP as fixes and additions to initial RTM build, and PMDG have never charged for those. Next thing you will want a lawyers letter to prove it.

If you are going to ask stupid questions, and then ask me if I read your post, well i did, and it is absurd.

The day I pay for a Service pack is the day I no longer purchase payware. So why Nixon thinks you pay for it is beyond me. Somebody show me a developer that charges for a Service Pack.

I define a SP as fixes and additions to initial RTM build, and PMDG have never charged for those. Next thing you will want a lawyers letter to prove it.

If you are going to ask stupid questions, and then ask me if I read your post, well i did, and it is absurd.

No such thing as a stupid question. You don't know how experienced this guy is with the purchasing of flight sim products or PMDG or FS in general. You answered him once, he followed up asking for reassurance/proof. Even though you we correct the first time, there is no need to be rude when responding back the second time. No need to call his question stupid.

~William Genovese~

Even though you we correct the first time, there is no need to be rude when responding back the second time. No need to call his question stupid.

That's your opinoin

its only  free to those  user  that havnt  posted  wheres  the sp1   going to be released :lol:

Good one! :good:

yeEIP.gif

Regards

Billy Lundin

No such thing as a stupid question. You don't know how experienced this guy is with the purchasing of flight sim products or PMDG or FS in general. You answered him once, he followed up asking for reassurance/proof. Even though you we correct the first time, there is no need to be rude when responding back the second time. No need to call his question stupid.

Yeah maybe, but Mr. Nixon himself has posted at least twice that the service pack would be free as well, which leads me to believe that he's read the same official statements that the rest of us have. 

In the second link, he's even quoting Kyle, who unequivocally states that the SP will be free.

If he's expecting a notarized letter from Robert, well, yeah...I'll just leave it at that.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Thanks Brian  for sharing link.

Quote (Nixon)

"The SP is free because in a sense it's like a warranty. It corrects problems that occur once a product is sold. To answer your question re how are the costs covered I would suggest that any prudent company should allow for this in the initial cost or be certain that an SP is not needed."

Un Quote

Find it weird why he would ask if the SP is free ? Trying to start an argument ?. Not with me he's not !!

Find it weird why he would ask if the SP is free ? Trying to start an argument ?. Not with me he's not !!

I dunno.

I found those two posts while looking for a link to an official statement for him, and those were the first two hits I got. After reading the second, I just....closed that reply and decided I had better things to do  :lol:

I really have no idea what the deal is.

Regards,

Brian Doney

That's your opinoin

My email notification quoted you saying something completely different than this when you responded to me.  Strange....

Yeah maybe, but Mr. Nixon himself has posted at least twice that the service pack would be free as well, which leads me to believe that he's read the same official statements that the rest of us have. 

In the second link, he's even quoting Kyle, who unequivocally states that the SP will be free.

If he's expecting a notarized letter from Robert, well, yeah...I'll just leave it at that.

Quote (Nixon)

"The SP is free because in a sense it's like a warranty. It corrects problems that occur once a product is sold. To answer your question re how are the costs covered I would suggest that any prudent company should allow for this in the initial cost or be certain that an SP is not needed."

Un Quote

I dunno.

I found those two posts while looking for a link to an official statement for him, and those were the first two hits I got. After reading the second, I just....closed that reply and decided I had better things to do  :lol:

I really have no idea what the deal is.

That is very strange indeed then. Why ask questions if you already know the answer? 

My only point earlier was that he deserves a polite answer, and not a "rude" or sarcastic response and his question to be called stupid. But it is weird he is asking a question he already knows the answer to. Maybe two people share that computer/username in his household? Who knows....

Back to topic: seeing all of the Beta testers' pics and reading their stories has given me a real hankerin' for the 777. Haven't flown her much since reading about what all was wrong with the FBW a few months back.  Funny thing is, if I was told that was really how the FBW worked by a reliable source, I wouldn't know any better and probably still be flying it. But knowing what I know now from PMDG, I can't enjoy flying it knowing that it's wrong and that it will be improved many times over with SP1.

~William Genovese~