Sign in to follow this  
adikplayers

PMDG MD-11 discoloration

Hello everyone and have a good day,

My MD-11 seems ok so far (not yet tested the flight systems though) but I seem to see a minor yet disturbing issue in some of my liveries like ,American Airlines and Philippine Airlines,

Let's take the case of the Philippine for example, 

in the selection screen, there is this discoloration present in the belly:

Untitled_zps25341223.png

aw_zpsd32b13d9.png

In some sims and replays i viewed, it shows the original gray. i dont know why mine displays this silver discoloration.

any fix for this?

tried the HD repaint on the American Airlines but the silver bottom problem still persists ;(

I think it's a generic 'reflection' hard-coded into FSX. In other words, it attempts to give the 'impression' of a reflection of what is underneath, but it does not actually change with the surroundings. I think I read that somewhere anyway...

It appears there is an alpha layer that is creating the reflection.  The reflection is created by using varying shades of grey to black depending on how reflective one wants the texture to be.  If what you are saying is true then the reflection is in the default base texture, there are fallback codes within the texture.cfg that may cause that:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\..\PMDG_MD11\texture   
fallback.2=..\..\PMDG_MD11\texture.VC
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

As you can see the program will look in the order above to present the livery to the user.

You will have to remove the alpha layer, you can download DXT.bmp and open the correct texture and remove the alpha.  You can post over at the repainter's area at AVSIM if you need help.

Good luck.

\Robert Hamlich/

I think you have a problem with "envmap.bmp", it´s located at FSX\texture folder, try to restore the original file.