Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

"Microsoft Sells License to FS Franchise" Part 2

Tom did not state this as a fact, but as his personal belief. Read his post #180 again.

I did, but he further clarified that on post 197, where he stated.

"I will just come out and state a fact that was true as of the closure of negotiations with all but the ultimate licensee... The easiest way to say this is to say what the license did not include. It did not include ESP. It did include everything else; FLIGHT, FSX, and Train Sim 2. Could that have changed in the final negotiations? Sure it could have, but for at least one reason already stated, I doubt it."

So we know that at the closure of negotiations with all involved, the deal included all three product lines. Of course as Tom said no one other then MS and the licensee knows what happened, in their final negotiations, but he doubts that part has changed. We should see sometime today I suspect if the announcement will be made in conjunction with the E3 conference.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/444096-microsoft-sells-license-to-fs-franchise-part-2/page-8#entry3007000

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Oh for goodness sake, can somebody just make the announcement already.

For this reason I clarify this point. :smile:

But you didn't clariify it  Which  Aerospace Agencies, Addon developers, Aircraft companies, aviation companies...In the same way that actualli FlightGear is developed.

Your re-direct has nothing to do with what I posted.

Those commercial lawyers would of went over any agreement prior to signing to ensure their IP rights are protected in all cases, especially by something as simple and common as another developer licensing the same engine. You act as if that's unusual.

Not to mention MS makes money every time they license the engine. They themselves are going to protect their right to do so and for other's to buy from them.

if refering  to mypost,  the words are already there "only for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment" and "Academic Education".

Also that not  the way commercial layers work. The client decide what it wants  and the lawyer attempts to put that into the wording of the contract.

They must have been referring to E3 2015 for the revelations! Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

Get well soon, Harrison! :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I did, but he further clarified that on post 197, where he stated.

"I will just come out and state a fact that was true as of the closure of negotiations with all but the ultimate licensee... The easiest way to say this is to say what the license did not include. It did not include ESP. It did include everything else; FLIGHT, FSX, and Train Sim 2. Could that have changed in the final negotiations? Sure it could have, but for at least one reason already stated, I doubt it."

So we know that at the closure of negotiations with all involved, the deal included all three product lines. Of course as Tom said no one other then MS and the licensee knows what happened, in their final negotiations, but he doubts that part has changed. We should see sometime today I suspect if the announcement will be made in conjunction with the E3 conference.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/444096-microsoft-sells-license-to-fs-franchise-part-2/page-8#entry3007000

Exactly; he doubts. He doesn't know for sure But we'll see  :Waiting:

Oh for goodness sake, can somebody just make the announcement already.

Yes please!  :lol:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Hmm, E3 is over and still no announcement or official statement :Thinking:

I doubt how reliable the sources are... :unsure:

Count yourself lucky that you have heard anything at all. I have been waiting for Space Shuttle Mission Simulator 2 from Exciting Simulations for the past three years, and there has been zero information about that "product" for the past two years! We have been told that it is still in development (by a forum moderator), but the total silence from the development team doesn't exactly fill me with optimism.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Clearly, there will be no press release. This thread probably convinced the stakeholders to keep their mouths shut. The next anyone will here about this is when Google announce a year from now you can now fly over Google maps and Google street view . LOL I am going back to playing P3D now. LOL

Agreed, this is troll a thon.

Looks more and more like click-bait, even if there are deals being negotiated somewhere.

We do have to consider, however, that Flight's business model was not always set to be the way it was. There is a lot more that Flight was going to be/is capable of that isn't shown in the version that we have available to us. This can be confirmed by various posts from those that were "in the know" over the past few years.

My point being, a lot of effort was put into bringing the entirety of FSX/ESP up to date, but not all of it was utilized. So, quite a bit of time was spent on that. Perhaps Flight's development time would have been shorter if they had plans set on the final business model to begin with.

I read a lot in Avsim before coming a member, me remember about Flight and member here alainneedle1 tell something, there is something on back burner, do you remember?

Olga Van Kranendonk

I had noticed that too.

Not just MS Flight. The problem (if you can call it that) with flightsim.com these days is that the site only seems to attract those simmers that are perfectly content with either FS9 or FSX. I don't think they are even interested in something new.

I don't think that is true. I think its more an attitude that this is what we have, nothing really is being offered, so make the best of it.

I had noticed that too.

Not just MS Flight. The problem (if you can call it that) with flightsim.com these days is that the site only seems to attract those simmers that are perfectly content with either FS9 or FSX. I don't think they are even interested in something new.

Flightsim.com's forums seem almost dead, not dead in the since that Simflight's forums are but lackluster just the same no matter what you post.  You can post something over there and get 1 or two replies in six days no matter the importance.  It's sad because along with Avsim I want that site to stay prominent as well.  I post over there at times to help keep the traffic up but it's night and day compared to Avsim.  There's a flood of conversation/information here that's not found anywhere else in our community.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2