Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

"Microsoft Sells License to FS Franchise" Part 2

This is not an addon, but comes with ist own engine. Announced 5 days ago.

Jet Thunder has been in development for years now. It was picked up by Aerosoft as a publisher, seemed to go very quiet for a while before bursting back into life a few days ago.

I was kinda wondering why aerosoft news hadn't covered the leak...

I keep think about the response from Mathijs. Hmmm. Then I start rereading his comments about a new FS engine that is powering the stand alone sim - Falkland Thunder. That comment was only 5 days ago. The plot thickens.

Hey Tom,

Do you think Aerosoft's pockets are deep enough to purchase the whole enchilada?

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I agree that Flight feels more optimized, but you also have to consider that AI traffic, ATC, real weather, and a flight planner are all missing from Flight.  Add all those, along with full global scenery, and those FPS are going to take a hit.

I don't know... AI traffic, yes that will have an impact, as might ATC if there's a lot of AI. As for real weather I don't think that would make any difference and certainly not the flight planner.

Besides if you turn all those off in FSX it still runs like arse compared to Flight.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Do you think Aerosoft's pockets are deep enough to purchase the whole enchilada?

Nope... As I said earlier, no one entity in the commercial side of our hobby could afford to go it alone.

Thanks Tom, back to square one for me. Hmmmm.

Regards,

Ray

You're having waaayyy too much fun Tom.

We'll talk about that someday. :Whistle:

I think avsim bought it

Please do not start any more rumors. :ph34r:

OK, gotta be Disney - FTX - Aerosoft. (Money - Scenery - Addons)

Ray

When Aerosoft were talking about their own new sim a couple or three years ago they were suggesting a modular approach with others, each contributing their own speciality to make up the whole (my words, not AS). The same could apply here.

Rob; (idly speculating, past my bedtime).

Rob Jones.

I agree that Flight feels more optimized, but you also have to consider that AI traffic, ATC, real weather, and a flight planner are all missing from Flight.  Add all those, along with full global scenery, and those FPS are going to take a hit.

If you have AI traffic off, don't use ATC, use weather themes, and don't use the flight planner, are any of those features really affecting performance? The globe still exists in Flight, but no landclasses or objects are applied. Even still, a region you are not in is not going to be loaded in FSX, so flying in Hawaii in FSX is the same as not having any other scenery in the world.

Brandon Filer

... or if it is Nintendo:

I would be surprised if MS sold the rights to MS Flight without some language preventing it's porting to any other consoles. MS has been losing the "war" between the XBox1 and the PS4, at least in terms of both hardware and app sales. I don't think that they have any affection for Nintendo either.