Sign in to follow this  
Guest Persephone

FS Economy (freeware) released

Guest metamarty

Thanks for the info. I've given you admin access, so can change model info directly. The field "Appear at airports larger than" can be set to a minimum runway size (feet). Any updates would be appreciated!

Guest metamarty

You could have a race with any kind of aircraft but the fun thing about the spitfire is its ability to consume enormous amounts of fuel if you push it. The idea of having such a race would be to create a flight group for each team. The groups start with no money, so fuel and landing fees have to be paid by flying assignments. A planner can plan the route ahead and select the assignments into the team. This will not be just a race about time and flying skill, but also a race that needs good planners that can find a route between airports that are not too big (to prevent high landing fees) and that have assignments that are along the route.

Guest Persephone

So, I updated the minimums, based mainly on plane specs from Plane & Pilot Magazine, http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/content/specs/index.html , and from the FS9 learning center. Sometimes, the two didn't match, so I tried to find a realistic medium. The planes with 0 minimums, I couldn't find any data for, yet.

Guest metamarty

Ah, that's great, thanks! The update will run shortly, relocating the aircraft to suitable homes.

This is a very nice program! I recommend any GA flyers check it out. I made $190 on a very short flight in the Dreamfleet Archer (just to test everything out).

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest MattNW

Takeoff and landing distances depend on a lot of different variables like density altitude, weight of the aircraft and many other factors. While it would be safe to say that an airplane that required 2500 ft of runway couldn't get off the ground in 700, in other situations however a good pilot in the right circumstances may be able to manage something that isn't in the "book". It might be a good idea as well as some good outright fun to leave "marginal" aircraft available. Of course if you bend one the $$$$'s really mount up. :D

Guest kickin_chicken

This is the coolest software program for GA flights I've ever seen! Thank you! I do have a few questions though:I 'own' my Cheyenne. Can I make it available for 'renting', thus earning me some income? Or do I have to 'buy' my airplane from the "Aircraft" menu before I can 'rent it out'? Thanks!Also, my Flight I selected did not have an aircraft to rent. Am I to assume that I can't fly this flight until there is an aircraft available at this airport? What if I took (rented) a plane from a nearby airport, flew it to my original starting point, then flew to the destination airport, would that work? Also, I don't have in Flight Sim a "Piper Cherokee" or "Archer 181", can I still 'rent' this plane? What plane would I fly using Flight Sim? I have a Piper Aerostar, but I don't think it would be considered the 'same' as an Archer. Does this mean I would have to wait until the Aircraft list is updated with an Aerostar? Would I also then have to fly it to my starting airport, fly the route, then 'return it home'? Thanks for answering my questions!!

Guest metamarty

>This is the coolest software program for GA flights I've ever>seen! Thank you! I do have a few questions though:Thanks!>>I 'own' my Cheyenne. Can I make it available for 'renting',>thus earning me some income? Or do I have to 'buy' my>airplane from the "Aircraft" menu before I can 'rent it out'? >Thanks!When you've bought a plane, you can "edit" it, and thereby setting a rental price for others. Others will be able to rent your plane. The aircraft log will show the amount of money it has made for you. You have to make sure that the aircraft will have its regular maintenance though.>>>Also, my Flight I selected did not have an aircraft to rent. >Am I to assume that I can't fly this flight until there is an>aircraft available at this airport? What if I took (rented) a>plane from a nearby airport, flew it to my original starting>point, then flew to the destination airport, would that work?If you select an assignment, but there is no aircraft for rent there, you can fly one in. The easiest way is the "look in the area" button and find something in the neighborhood and fly it in. >>>Also, I don't have in Flight Sim a "Piper Cherokee" or "Archer>181", can I still 'rent' this plane? What plane would I fly>using Flight Sim? I have a Piper Aerostar, but I don't think>it would be considered the 'same' as an Archer. Does this>mean I would have to wait until the Aircraft list is updated>with an Aerostar? Would I also then have to fly it to my>starting airport, fly the route, then 'return it home'? You can check the list of supported aircraft, the name of the FS aircraft may give you some clue to what aircraft you could use. I map FS aircraft to generic models, so if you have any aircraft that are not supported, use the "test my aircraft" option and it will add the nessecary information to the database so I can add it.>Thanks for answering my questions!!Ok, have fun! For further questions, we have our own support forum where you might find more information!

Guest Persephone

I think you make a good point. I went ahead and lowered the minimum airport size to reflect the low end of the aircraft's minimums for takeoff. That way those difficult assignments can be generated. While this will provide more flexibility for pilots to choose from, some aircraft may appear in impossible situations. True, a Cessna Caravan can take off with only a few hundred feet if there's a 40 knt head wind, cool air, and the airport is near sea level. But those conditions will be hard to find, for example, at a dirt strip in the Arizona desert, depending on how realistic the weather is.And this won't change the problem that most of the assignments will be from, to, or between dirt airstrips. I just did a search of several paved airports in Wyoming and there were no assignments from and to a paved airport. Not that there's anything wrong with flying to and from unpaved airports. It's a lot of fun. But that seems to be the only current choice. Maybe the search engine can be expanded to include a search for such assignments?

Guest Divergent Phugoid

I sent you a PM.

This program is just too much fun, but for the first time it has me forcing landings into weather conditions below minimums! Real world weather into some small, unfamiliar airports makes for some very interesting visual approaches.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Persephone

I had an odd thing happen. I don't know if this is a FSE bug or a MSFS bug. But, I rented a C172 at MYER. It was a VFR aircraft, so no VOR, auto pilot, or ADF. And I found I couldn't change COM frequencies. So, I restarted my computer, and that didn't fix the problem. Then, I shut down FSE and unchecked the failures, which had prevented the nav radios from working. Then, I had no problem changing frequencies on the COM. Anyone else had this problem or know what's causing it?Persephone