Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

MS Flight continues... new rumours

Perhaps it is Dovetail Games then, after all Flight was on Steam, like Railworks, also the interface on Flight was set up for DLC Content etc.

Just an idea, will wait and see.

I hope they pick up where they left off. Flight was and still is in a good state. For those who would rather have more control of their simulation, there is P3D, as befits its license.

Very good news indeed as a lot of ground work has already been done. I was just getting into the multiplayer function finally and hate the thought of it going away as it works so very well. Just got a new Turtle Beach X12 gaming head sets. I hate to text and fly at the same time. I always loved the concept of Microsoft Flight and sure would like to see it continue from where it left off. We can only hope. Stand by for all the negativity to start again.

Steve

:t0152:  :fool:  =@   

Call me when we get some concrete facts....  "My reliable source tells me" diatribe is getting old fast...  I just waisted time I can't get back yesterday watching MS bloviate at E3 over nothing...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Haters have arrived.

Not really. 

Haters have arrived.

Not really. 

Agree

Like, Agree???  :blink:   Interesting comment from someone who helped get the feature canned...

Anyway I hope the hater comment wasn't directed at me as I like Flight and still have it installed.  I just want to get the story straight for once before we rush to take it as gospel and spend countless pages talking about it.  This is looking a little better now as 'anyone' could do a better job with Flight than Microsoft did.  The problem is will they and who are they?

FS2020 

The same site also said that they got "information from their sources" that Microsoft would announce the new owner of the Flight Simulator franchise at their E3 conference. Not trusting them.

Makes sense though. Why would somebody buy the whole FS series with all those third parties tied to it? Might as well start fresh and write the new terms for third parties.

I was thinking one of MS's nome companies could have bought FLIGHT to further develop it to turn around and develop it for XBOX ONE.  Why do it yourself when you have coolaide companies out there that'll do it for free to be sold on your in house platform...

FLIGHT(New Company) + E3 = XBOX ONE

FS2020 

One big plus with the MS Flight license is that the product already exists. If you have spent big money just getting the license, then spending another fortune developing a completely new flight simulator would result in you having to make a serious profit just to break even.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

OK. We are not going to let this topic get into a flame war of any magnitude. Please be respectful of your fellow AVSIM members.

I think the news is exciting. For those that have stuck it out with Flight it could be great news. For those that moved on to another sim, it could also be great news. Who knows what is in store. Speculation is already rampant so it will be interesting to see how it washes out.

I personally think we are all going to win to some degree.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

It is good news for the litle that must of us can read who ever the new owner is , is already familiar with fs comunity and to spend all that money on the deal i can only think they know if flight its taken in the direction that the users want they can make some of that investment back ..

Image removed as image is no longer available.