Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Shameful Like/Dislike strategy to get it axed...

A Funny to Ron's scorecard.. 

You guys should take this act on the road...  :Party:

Why do you keep paying homage to the old system if you didn't like it?  Nevermind, not worth a response...  :drinks:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

If AVSIM was a country and the forum members were its citizens/Subjects and the Moderators made up its bureaucracy and government what kind of political regime would it be?

Hint:

The kind were anyone holding an opinion that wasn't state sanctioned got vanished in the middle of the night? :ph34r:

Dillon, quit playing the martryr.  Avsim had the vote for a while.  Now it's gone.  Quit lecturing people on the "realities of life" and whatever, and just deal with it.  There was no conspiracy.  A small minority of people abused voting the system because they were being d bags, not because it was part of a devious plan, and Tom decided it wasn't worth the hard feelings across the board, all things considered.  Why are you so invested in the ability to click a button to rate someone's two cents on any given issue?  Is your Avsim experience greatly diminished because you can't pi$$ somebody off with a simple click of  "Dislike"?  Afterall, this is a forum, where people discuss things. 

If AVSIM was a country and the forum members were its citizens/Subjects and the Moderators made up its bureaucracy and government what kind of political regime would it be?

Hint:

The kind were anyone holding an opinion that wasn't state sanctioned got vanished in the middle of the night? :ph34r:

Your point?

Your Access to AVSIM: Your access to AVSIM is not a right. You are allowed access because you agree to these Terms of Service and commit to abide by them. If you do not abide by them, your access will be removed. However, AVSIM reserves the right to remove or ban a user at any time, based solely on our judgement and what we deem to be in the best interests of AVSIM Online, our community, and its partners and advertisers.

Should be clear enough for anyone...

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Your point?

Well if you don't get the point, I'm damned if I am going to explain it!American%20Flag.gif

Well if you don't get the point, I'm damned if I am going to explain it!American%20Flag.gif

Well, then you might want to reconsider explaining yourself, because as far as I am concerned, you just accused us of squashing any opinion that does match with our staff's. Is that about right?

Well, then you might want to reconsider explaining yourself, because as far as I am concerned, you just accused us of squashing any opinion that does match with our staff's. Is that about right?

Well you are clearly fishing. Do you want me to take the bait?

Now, could it be any worse? You betcha. We could have an invasion of the "health and safety brigade".

Are you saying that you weren't asked to provide Tom with a risk assessment and method statement before being allowed to post on the forum? I thought that documents of this sort were mandatory these days for anything done after waking up in a morning.

Haha - brilliant reply. Reminds me of this wonderful obituary posted in the London Times in 2010

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: 

- Knowing when to come in out of the rain; 
- Why the early bird gets the worm; 
- Life isn't always fair; 
- And maybe it was my fault. 

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge). 

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. 

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. 

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion. 

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. 

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault. 

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. 

Common Sense was preceded in death, 
-by his parents, Truth and Trust, 
-by his wife, Discretion, 
-by his daughter, Responsibility, 
-and by his son, Reason. 

He is survived by his 5 stepbrothers; 
- I Know My Rights 
- I Want It Now 
- Someone Else Is To Blame 
- I'm A Victim 
- Pay me for Doing Nothing 

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. 

If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.   :Praying:

Well you are clearly fishing. Do you want me to take the bait?

Fishing? I don't think asking you to man up and clarify your apparent cheap shot is fishing... I can go with my interpretation or you can stop playing infantile games and explain your statement.

Looks like my post count is about to skyrocket since I can't like or agree by clicking a simple icon anymore.  Hope ya'll LIKE my new system of giving someone kudos

likeagree2copy_zps381b1ab6.jpg

Chris Sunseri

Fishing? I don't think asking you to man up and clarify your apparent cheap shot is fishing... I can go with my interpretation or you can stop playing infantile games and explain your statement.

Well would you like me to PM my explanation so you can shot an unarmed in private where no one else can see or do you have the guts for me to post it so you can shot am unarmed man in public? Your call!

Your statement was pretty easy to figure out, but have fun with your game while it lasts! :lol:

Well would you like me to PM my explanation so you can shot an unarmed in private where no one else can see or do you have the guts for me to post it so you can shot am unarmed man in public? Your call!

You are just a bad apple aren't you? You have been warned before..  

"Well would you like me to PM my explanation so you can shot an unarmed in private where no one else can see or do you have the guts for me to post it so you can shot am unarmed man in public? Your call!"

Wow... the bold are not always favored by luck.  'ware the axe that may befalleth ye...      

Whoops, my bad... Tom already lowered the boom...    

Whoops, my bad... Tom already lowered the boom... 

Yes I did. He had been warned before. If a member is going to be a "poison dwarf", as the saying goes, then they cannot expect to get away with it for long. If someone has something to say to us about our management of our forums, spit it out and be an adult about it. But, before that member does, they better make sure that they have thoroughly read and understand our terms of use. 

And finally, to Dillon... there was no conspiracy, not twisting of our arms, or other nefarious things done related to me closing the rating system. You should have just sent me a PM asking me why... It really is simple. I got tired of the childish behavior of some and their abuse of it. We suspended more than a couple of people for doing exactly that. Upon suspending one last individual, I just got tired of it and the BS that came with it. We have more important things to do than babysit. 

And with that, I am now closing this topic.