Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Flight1 Software - Thanks!

I'd just like to publicly thank Flight1 for continuing to run their no quibble full refund policy.  Over the many years of my simming, I've made use of it a number of times.

Its gotta be worth a plug...  Great products - great service.

Thanks guys!!!

Agreed indeed. Having made a few returns with them in the past, I too appreciated the opportunity to do so.

Not only that, but they have a very functional product unlock method in the event you've exceeded your install threshold over weeks, months, or years of system updates and reinstalls. No muss, no fuss.

-Greg

desismileys_6666.gif Like

+1

Dave Taylor gb.png

Yes,

Big cheer for the copy protection methodology!  I think this model is completely reasonable and I wish other software vendors that license lock software would adopt it. 

I got full refund

Apologize for going a little off topic but just wanted to pass on a friendly reminder that we have changed our signature policy again and we are kindly asking everyone to please put their system specs and flight sim information in their respective "My Profile". More details can be found at the following link - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436632-new-signature-rules or under the Forums tab above. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

@ Dougal:

I agree fully.

I have used the refund policy just a few time over the years, but their complete system for doing business is, by far, the best in the business.  I have suggested to several other vendors that have clunky delivery systems to contact Flight1.  I had so many problems downloading purchases from one major vendor, that I finally cancelled my account.  He did not appreciate my comment that he should work with Flight1.  He preferred his flawed system, since he developed it.  Plus, I assume that he would rather have consumers put up with the hassle, rather than his company having to pay Flight1 a fee.

I see that one vendor now is offering two choices:  you can purchase through Flight1, or you can get a discount and download directly from the vendor.  The catch is, no return policy if you buy direct.  Seems odd to me -- "If you buy through Flight1, I will guarantee my work.  If you want to deal directly with me, you will just take your chances."  I completely understand the discount for buying directly from the vendor, but the lack of a return policy leaves me wondering.

Wilson

I actually had to use the system after my system crashed. It was nice that after I lost my PC that purchase from one night before wasn't a waste, it was returned without issue.

Seems odd to me -- "If you buy through Flight1, I will guarantee my work.  If you want to deal directly with me, you will just take your chances."  I completely understand the discount for buying directly from the vendor, but the lack of a return policy leaves me wondering.

That's not actually the reality of the situation...

Developer's who use Flight1's service have no choice in the matter. The thirty-day refund policy is Flight1's requirement, not the developer's choice.

Also, Flight1's service is costly. The discount offered for buying direct somewhat offsets the additional costs to the developer for using Flight1's service, but by no means completely.

This refund policy truly has far less to do with "guaranteeing the product" than you seem to think...

...although from the customer's point of view I fully agree that it's a good deal!   :Whistle:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Exactly.  I understand that it is Flight1's policy, and I pointed out that there is a fee.

That is why I would think that if a vendor does that sort of double offer, they would at least try to match the Flight1 offer.  If they did that AND charged less, it is a win/win.  They pay no fee, and the purchaser gets the opportunity to return the software.  Assuming that the product is good and that doesn't happen very often, the vendor comes out ahead.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not encouraging that.  I greatly appreciate how Flight1 has run their business and how they treat their customers.  I will continue to support them.  I did go the Flight1 route when I made a purchase where I had the two choices, by the way.