Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Emirates Cancels 70 A350s

Just been announced that Emirates have cancelled an order for 70 Airbus A350-900s and -1000s.

Yup heard the news first thing in the morning. Im really eager to know what the actual reason is. Cause i dont remember emirates EVER cancelling a huge order like this

Rolls Royce disappointed with the cancellation as it affects their engine business, but they are hoping that this will create a vacant slot gap for other orders to be placed.

Great! Hope they order more 777x planes.

So do I LOL. I have no A350's in my hangar. And not likely to have.

Just been announced that Emirates have cancelled an order for 70 Airbus A350-900s and -1000s.

Thanks for the heads up Rick. maybe they are going to hang on to the A40's a bit longer, or more T7's.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Great! Hope they order more 777x planes.

The A350, and Airbus itself, is underestimated for some reason by many people. The A350 really is a great aircraft and it looks to have a promising career ahead of it; whether Emirates is in it or not. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Julian. Having just flown less than 3 weeks ago on both their 777-300ER and the Airbus A380 to and from Dubai, I'm quite happy whichever aircraft I fly with them. They may cost more but their service is superlative. A posh lady sat in seat one away from me as middle was empty, must have asked for at least ten mini-bottles of wine between first drinks to landing,and got them without any quibbles, and I felt so guilty just asking for a Jim Beam! And we got on so well that she invited me to bring my friends flying in from WA to use her private pool overlooking the world's tallest building.

But I preferred the A380 because it had in Economy, on the seat-backs, UK 3-pin sockets to charge mobile phones, iPods, etc, etc.,whereas the 777-300ERs only had USB jacks.

All said and done, I'm booked with them to head Down Under in November, longest flights I've ever made with them, and am looking forward to their service again. Pity I cannot post shots.

The A350, and Airbus itself, is underestimated for some reason by many people. The A350 really is a great aircraft and it looks to have a promising career ahead of it; whether Emirates is in it or not. 

I think AB never really got over the initial public perception problems with their FBW systems. They were plagued by bad press for the Habsheim crash, which was never convincingly explained and marred in controversy, then fast forward 20-something years to AF447. The A330-300 was under-powered with, at times, questionable performance (based on pilot reports).

It's seen as too complex. though not necessarily unreliable, and prone to incidents that are unexplained and apparently not suffered by anyone else (cockpit blackout events for example, though last I heard they have now identified the problem and have issued a fix).

Best regards,

Robin.

They probably need more terminals built first so they have someplace to put them. :lol:

The world's economy remains stagnant, and recent turmoil in the Middle East may be reducing demand for air travel to that region.  This may be less about Emirates than about external issues that affect them.

The world's economy remains stagnant, and recent turmoil in the Middle East may be reducing demand for air travel to that region.  This may be less about Emirates than about external issues that affect them.

I doubt it.  I think what is happening is that Emirates is slot limited in Dubai.  Being the 350 will be smaller than the smaller nex-gen 777 moving to a fram with less capacity when you are fighting slots/space makes no sense.  The 777 with addt'l capacity makes a lot more sense...

As for the A350 and Airbus being underrated, that is just nonsense...The A350 hasn't flown a production flight so it is pure speculation and how do you justify the comment that Airbus is underrated?  Please qualify.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Robin,

I completely disagree with some of your comments. You think that Airbus never recovered from the A320 crash in the 1980's. However they went on to sell thousands of A320 series A/C! That too me is a pretty good recovery. The crash was caused by crew error as was the A340 Air France crash, F/O kept constant back pressure on joystick.

Please quantify your statement on the A330-300 being underpowered. From what I have heard it has plenty of power.

Are you getting confused with the A340 series that has 4 engines as opposed to two!

As far as Airbus being seen as too complicated, again airliners would not be buying these A/C if this was the case.

Regards

Neil

Hi Robin,

I completely disagree with some of your comments. You think that Airbus never recovered from the A320 crash in the 1980's. However they went on to sell thousands of A320 series A/C! That too me is a pretty good recovery. The crash was caused by crew error as was the A340 Air France crash, F/O kept constant back pressure on joystick.

Please quantify your statement on the A330-300 being underpowered. From what I have heard it has plenty of power.

Are you getting confused with the A340 series that has 4 engines as opposed to two!

As far as Airbus being seen as too complicated, again airliners would not be buying these A/C if this was the case.

Regards

Neil

Even the A340-200/300's can't really be considered as underpowered, as they're the only widebodies (outside of the 747/md-11) that can takeoff from SXM/TNCM 7003' runway and clear the terrain just after with an engine out - 777's/A330's are often weight restricted and often takeoff with little fuel to do a fuel stop in PTP/TFFR prior to doing the transatlantic return to Paris; With typical transatlantic load/fuel, the big twins are unable to clear the terrain after losing an engine.

-Xavier