Sign in to follow this  
Guest enave

and the aviation threat continues...

"A small plane taking off from a remote airport is going to be virtually untrackable and will suddenly appear into a restricted area"Where the **** did they come up with this idea. As far as I know, every aircraft in North America is tracked and if they do disappear off radar you can bet your *** that two F-16's will be in the air pronto. Just try getting near restricted airspace, see how far you get.It's just more fear-mongering, keep the people scared so they can eventually erode your civil rights hoping knowone will notice.Dave FisherCYYZhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest enave

I'm sorry to say it but that's pretty typical of CBS. Most of the time, they get away with writing stories like that, stories specifically designed to instill fear with little regard for the truth. The only time I remember them getting in trouble for it was when they put explosives in the gas tanks of pickup trucks so they trucks would explode when hit. That was several years ago and I haven't watched CBS at all sense then. Why do you think they are called "see BS" :)Come to think of it, all of the major networks probably do this to some degree. I remember a BBC reporter doing a report from New York during the anthrax scare. He got right up in the camera and said, in a very solemn and grim tone, "there is absolute panic on the streets, people are afraid for their lives, it's a scene of total panic." Meanwhile behind him, people are walking their dogs and generally going about their business as usual. There was no sign of panic anywhere.So yeah, you just have to keep in mind that the news media is in the business of making you scared because when you're scared you watch more news. You should take everything they say with a large grain of salt.