Sign in to follow this  
AKStirling

Changing Sims

Hi  ...

having uninstalled P3D and installed FSX when I try to open the existing installation of Opus I'm told the installation folder can't be accessed ... can you please point me in the right direction ...

Alan

Opus is still configured with the P3D simulator selected and identifying your old P3D install folder. Run FSXSERVER without the sim then after the Warning message, Open the Configure dialog, select the Microsoft FSX simulator type and identify your FSX installation folder.

If you already have your FSX install folder identified you can automatically select FSX sim type by running FSXSERVER with and FSX argument. For example, FSXSERVER FSX.

Stephen :-)

Thanks a lot Stephen ... just one other small point ... could you refresh my memory as to how the EXE entry reads for autostarting with FSX ...

thanks

Alan

Sure, here's the extract from the GS Guide,

Starting the OpusFSX Software Automatically with FSX and P3D

The FSXSERVER program can be started automatically each time FSX/P3D is run, simply by editing the content of the standard FSX 'exe.xml' file or P3D Prepar3D.xml.

The FSX exe.xml file can be found within the c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ directory where 'username' identifies your login account name, or for XP in c:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\

The P3D Prepar3D.xml file can be found within the c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\ Prepar3D\ directory where 'username' identifies your login account name.

If the file doesn't exist then you can create it using Notepad, just remember the xml file extension when saving the file.

Edit the xml file using Notepad. Paste the contents of the OpusFSX _ExeXml_Server.txt file at the end of the xml content. You should paste the content in just before the closing </SimBase.Document> statement.

For example, after editing the content of the xml file, the content should look something like this,

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='Windows-1252'?>

<SimBase.Document Type='Launch' version='1,0'>

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>OpusFSX Flight Simulator Server for FSX</Name>

<Disabled>false</Disabled>

<Path>c:\OpusFSX\FSXSERVER.EXE</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Of course you may already have several Addons listed in the xml file. In which case you will find each Addon specified within a separate <Launch.Addon> .. </Launch.Addon> block.

You will need to edit the c:\OpusFSX\FSXSERVER.EXE entry and specify the correct drive location if you have installed it anywhere other than the standard C drive.

When you next run FSX if you are prompted to trust OpusFSX then confirm Yes.

I should add, you can now add an FSX or P3D argument to the FSXSERVER command line to auto select the simulator in use. That way you don't have to reconfigure when you switch between FSX or Prepar3D.

The P3D Prepar3D.xml file can be found within the c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\ Prepar3D\ directory where 'username' identifies your login account name.

I see the name of the xml file for P3DV2 seems to be EXE.XML rather than Prepar3D.xml

Is this right?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.