Sign in to follow this  
Guest baksteen33

FS2004 Stuttering Even With High Frame Rates

Guest Coneman

I had the stutters start occurring only recently. In turns or when panning in vc, there are pauses every few degrees. I never had this before, and my system isn't cutting edge. I've tried it all: reinstall of FS, new card drivers, increase texture bandwidth, reduce card latency, etc, etc, etc. Nothing works. It's so bad I refuse to fly anymore. All other programs seem to be fine. The only thing I can think of is some update from #### that I got from MS that only effects FS.Todd

Guest davidvoogd

I've spent far too much time experimenting with framerates and settings. In the end you're just better off locking the frames at 25 or so. The framerate is lower, but the sim runs smoother, you shouldn't see those stutters anymore.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

I see some stutters (under the circumstances I referred to above) no matter what I lock the framerate at. Stutters are essentially a complete split-second stop while the cpu is doing something. In most cases in my experience that something is usually texture loading but it can also be cuased by background apps (or spyware), A/V software that momentarily grabs 100% of cpu resources, or any number of other little reasons. I've basically eliminated all the other cuases I can find and am left with the texture loading. I could probably turn down some gfx settings (I run with the texture options maxed) to get rid of it but ftmp it doesn't bother me enough to want to loose the nice visuals...

Guest JoeW

Also.... If you have a Kensington mouse or trackball, that can be the problem. If you do have one, stop the kmu_run.exe or the kmw_run.exe in the process area of Task Manager and it will be back to normal. I have sent Kensington an email about this and thier reply was " You have 2 choices, Don't run that program or don't use the mouse or trackball."I have another Mouse ordered.Joe W.

Guest baksteen33

Hmmm Joe, now you mention it, I had a very similar experience with a Logitech mouse driver once... Upon installing a Logitech Momo racing wheel, the Logitech mouse driver got installed alongside without me noticing. Although a great piece of equipment, the Momo wasn't as easy to use as the MS or Thrustmaster wheels so I decided to uninstall the Momo again. Curioulsy, after that I had an annoying, persistant FS stutter and it took quite a while to discover the culprit. Once found and the Logitech mouse driver removed, FS9 returned to the usual (rare) stutter and behaved 'normally' again... Good luck and kind regards Jaap