Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

FS9 in a window and running other program..............

Guest juan_v

HiI always run FS9 full screen mode, but I read someplace that if you run FS9 in window mode you can run other programs, is this true??? I tried, but when you start another program FS9 will pause.......I'm missing somethig or hearing voices.........*:-*Thanks in advance for any helpJuan

Guest RotorRick

Yes, in fact that's how I fly. I typically have six or more windows open while flying. I can browse the web while cruising along, write a forum response, or edit various aircraft.cfg's or panel.cfg's all at the same time.I've been known to add aircraft to FS while flying along too.All you have to do is uncheck the "Pause on task" switch. If you want it in a window (which is how I fly, looks better IMO), then hit "Alt-enter".I will typically have 4 windows of Mozilla browser, 1 Internet Explorer, MS Word, My Computer, Teamspeak or Ventrillo, and sometimes even MS Messenger....simultaneously. And rock stable on my Pentium 3 1ghz, with little difference in framerate.

>Yes, in fact that's how I fly. I typically have six or more>windows open while flying. I can browse the web while cruising>along, write a forum response, or edit various aircraft.cfg's>or panel.cfg's all at the same time.I just wish you could do that with FS2004 in full screen.With FS2002, you could.Matt

>>Yes, in fact that's how I fly. I typically have six or more>>windows open while flying. I can browse the web while>cruising>>along, write a forum response, or edit various>aircraft.cfg's>>or panel.cfg's all at the same time.>>I just wish you could do that with FS2004 in full screen.>>With FS2002, you could.Actually, you can... but not on ONE monitor. I can run up to eight monitors with many windows open... even when FS is in Full Screen mode.However, you CAN configure Windows to "Hide" the task bar, so even when in Windowed Mode, you still have the full screen to look at... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What's the trick? When I run FS2004 in full screen and switch to another task on a different monitor, FS loses focus and minimizes.Matt

Guest RonB49

"What's the trick? When I run FS2004 in full screen and switch to another task on a different monitor, FS loses focus and minimizes."Check RotorRick's reply above. It sounds like you have "Pause on Task Switch" enabled. R-

>"What's the trick? When I run FS2004 in full screen and>switch to another task on a different monitor, FS loses focus>and minimizes.">>Check RotorRick's reply above. It sounds like you have "Pause>on Task Switch" enabled. R->Nope, I made sure that was not enabled. Can someone with a dual head video card verify that you can run FS2004 in fullscreen mode one one monitor and then do something like use a web browser in another window on the second monitor at the same time??I have a Radeon 9800 Pro now, but I'm pretty sure it did the same thing with my last NVIDIA card as well. Would love to be able to run FS2004 in full screen.Matt

Guest RotorRick

>>"I just wish you could do that with FS2004 in full screen."Well I do all my flying from a fully expanded window. For some reason it gives me a much better image quality, but I also still have access to the taskbar at the bottom, and the menu bar for FS at the top, enabling me to quickly change aircraft if I wish, or change parameters.Anyway, just "Alt-Tab" between the two modes.