Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

FS2Crew for Majestic Q400 and LINDA - Audio problems

Great, I find work around!

Comment out body of function Timer () in Modules\linda\aircrafts\Majestic Dash 8 Q-400\actions.lua

There is something fundamentally wrong with the reading values from Q400. (May not be Lindas fault)

If I comment out everything except

ipc.writeLvar("MJC_VAR_READ_CODE", 31281)

it still mutes the briefing for some time.

OK. As soon as FS2Crew update the Q400 version for P3Dv3 I will have a look. Has this problem just appeared or is it a long standing problem?  Is it just the loss of the FO calls? Are you using a headset and is the HS button highlighted on the FS2Crew bar?

This has been a long standing problem (dates back to 2014). See this thread for more details:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/443310-audio-problems/page-2

Bryan from FS2Crew seems to have identified the problem as a LINDA problem. He mentions that the problem occurs because LINDA does not correctly use the Majestic SDK. It seems to be related with how LINDA interfaces with the Q400 to handle the radios.

What happens is that after you start FS2Crew then all of a sudden it's not possible to hear the FO anymore. Sometimes this happens during checklists and the FO simply doesn't talk anymore (resp. you can't hear him anymore). This is what Bryan from FS2Crew stated in the other thread:

"After testing, it appears that Linda/MCPLL is, for some weird, reason forcing the Capt's Service Interphone knob value to 0 when it should be a 1."

I would really highly appreciate if you could take the time to look into the issue!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

OK. As soon as FS2Crew update the Q400 version for P3Dv3 I will have a look. Has this problem just appeared or is it a long standing problem?  Is it just the loss of the FO calls? Are you using a headset and is the HS button highlighted on the FS2Crew bar?

Its a problem since day one of FS2Crew.  You hear sound from the FO and can communicate with him but at some random point the sound drops out.  Yes using headset with HS button highlighted.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Its a problem since day one of FS2Crew.  You hear sound from the FO and can communicate with him but at some random point the sound drops out.  Yes using headset with HS button highlighted.

Hi Mark and others

I have got FS2Crew Q400 v1.3 set up with P3Dv2.5 and the LINDA module 1.3.  I can confirm the intermittent/broken/curtailed/missing voice responses affecting the FO, Ground and Cabin Crew responses.  I have looked at the various comments on this thread and tried the suggestions.  None works to solve the problem or to point me towards the cause of the problem. Like you I have no idea of the source of the problem or why LINDA may be interfering with FS2Crew.  LINDA only interfaces with Q400 via the SDK. It should not affect the sound stream from FS2Crew. I have not experienced any issues of this type with the Airbus FS2Crew. I am therefore totally stumped and can not, at this time, offer any way forward for you. When I have the odd evening free I will have a further look but please do not hold your breath. Sorry!

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Mark and others

I have got FS2Crew Q400 v1.3 set up with P3Dv2.5 and the LINDA module 1.3.  I can confirm the intermittent/broken/curtailed/missing voice responses affecting the FO, Ground and Cabin Crew responses.  I have looked at the various comments on this thread and tried the suggestions.  None works to solve the problem or to point me towards the cause of the problem. Like you I have no idea of the source of the problem or why LINDA may be interfering with FS2Crew.  LINDA only interfaces with Q400 via the SDK. It should not affect the sound stream from FS2Crew. I have not experienced any issues of this type with the Airbus FS2Crew. I am therefore totally stumped and can not, at this time, offer any way forward for you. When I have the odd evening free I will have a further look but please do not hold your breath. Sorry!

Did not helped you  commenting out body of

function Timer ()

?

It seems to me it is more Majestic SDK problem, unless LINDA is using SDK wrongly.

Did not helped you commenting out body of

function Timer ()
?

It seems to me it is more Majestic SDK problem, unless LINDA is using SDK wrongly.

I went through each of the suggested changes including commenting out all LINDA timer routines without a significant improvement in the FS2Crew voice responses. The Majestic SDK is likely to be the prime source of the problem because of its non-standard interface with FSX. I have a few ideas to explore when I get time. Guenseli is the expert on the module development and once I have eliminate the LINDA core as the possible source I will hand it back to him.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I went through each of the suggested changes including commenting out all LINDA timer routines without a significant improvement in the FS2Crew voice responses. The Majestic SDK is likely to be the prime source of the problem because of its non-standard interface with FSX. I have a few ideas to explore when I get time. Guenseli is the expert on the module development and once I have eliminate the LINDA core as the possible source I will hand it back to him.

Thanks! I guess, we all really appreciate your efforts. With the Pro edition the Q400 is such a great plane that it would be a shame not being able to use it with LINDA and FS2Crew at some point in the future.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Thanks for looking into this Scot.  I just want to confirm that you have the Q400 SDK.  I think I sent it to you a while ago but if you don't have it let me know and I will try to find and resend.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thanks for looking into this Scot.  I just want to confirm that you have the Q400 SDK.  I think I sent it to you a while ago but if you don't have it let me know and I will try to find and resend.

Hi Mark

Just for safety can you send me the latest SDK you have please?  Use linda@awginfosys.net.

Edited by ScotFlieger
Email link

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Mark

Just for safety can you send me the latest SDK you have please?  Use linda@awginfosys.net.

I have requested the latest version and will send once I have it.

Mark W   CYYZ      

One question. When you click CFG on the FS2Crew control strip, do you get the line "HS: No Such Device". It should read something like "HS: Speakers (3- USB Audio Device)".  This is selected by click on one of the arrows to the right. Once I did this I am getting uninterrupted responses from ground, FO and cabin crew (using PA/Call).

EDIT: This works only if I override the Q400 module and select FSX Default and reload.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

OK. The problem lies with the LINDA Q400 Module 1.3.  If I override the Q400 module (see procedure below), and select FSX Default, FS2Crew Q400 1.3 functions correctly with all voice responses heard. However, on switching back to the Q400 module, the voices responses are missing or broken.  I will next look at why the module (which uses the Q400 SDK) is not working.

Reproducing the 'fix' and problem.

1. Open the Fs2Crew control panel (using an assigned button/key).
  2. Locate the ident.lua file in /modules/linda/aircrafts/Majestic Dash 8 Q-400/ folder and open in Notepad.
  3. Change "mjc8q400" to "mjc8q400x" and save.
  4. Select "FSX Default" in LINDA and click "Reload lau engine".
  5. You will now be able to call commands/checklists and get a full response.
  6. Edit the ident.lua file to restore "mjc8q400" entry and save.
  7. Click FSX Sync so that Q400 appears and click "Reload lau engine".
  8. Try commands and responses will be missing/broken.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Same problem for me, and it is a tragedy for me cause Linda is a vital piece of software with the hardware witch I use but fs2crew is also vital for dash operations ..... Please help us to solve this unpleasant drawback, thanks

If you need any assistance Andrew, drop me a note.

But currently I have no clue (and no FS2Crew addon)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, it would be great if we could solve this problem!

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.