Sign in to follow this  
Guest lemonadedrinker

FS9 Won't Take Me To My Saved Flights

Hi all,I have Flight Simulator 2004 and at the end of my flight, I like to save those flights. The next time I run the FS9 and select the saved flight, it does not bring up the flight I saved. Enstead, it takes me to the default Tocama airport in Seattle in the Cessna 172SP and this was not the flight I saved or selected. I've already tried reinstalling FS9 and it still will not take me to my saved flight. The only thing I can think of now is that there is a missing dll file for my operating system, which is Windows Xp. Does any of you know what is causing the problem?Thanks, Ken.

Hi Jim,No, I've never had to use it before. But I will try that and see if it will work. It still should save my flights. I hope I can find the real issue to the problem.Thanks for your tip, Ken.

Hi Jim,I checked the "Make This The Default Flight" box in flight simulator and it still does not save my flight. The only thing I know it could be causing this problem is a missing file for the operating system, since I've already re-installed FS9. When I re-installed FS9, I performed a clean installation, meaning I had it to removed all saved flights and un-installed FS9. If it's a missing file, I don't know what that file is. I've looked in the Microsoft Support and I still haven't found anything on this issue and it seems to me they should have something about it. Anyway, thanks for your tip. Does anyone know what could be causing this?Ken.

Guest flight

Go to your FS9.cfg. If you don't know where it is just do a search for it, using advanced settings enabling hidden files and folders. Once you've found it, open it and scroll down to the part below. Make sure the "SITUATION=" line is like the one in this example. "Your Name" is your own name, or whoever the computer is registered to. Put the name of the flight where the word "Start" is that you want to load when you start FS9. After this save and close your FS9.cfg. Start FS9 and your default flight should load. After doing this you will be able to save flights, check the box that says "save as default flight" and everything should work fine again."USERINTERFACE"MAP_ORIENTATION=2PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1SelectFlightLevel=0SelectFlightTitle=4PageID=8OpenATCOnCreate=0SITUATION=C:Documents and SettingsYour NameMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesStart<---name of flight you want as the default flight

Hi Ken; I'm not real sure that this will help, but you can't save a flightat the end. The save flight option captures exactlly where and what ishappening at the time you elect to "save the flight". It in effect savesa scenario. If you are 10,000 ft over Edwards AFB in a B-52 with clearweather, and you "save" the flight there, that is exactly what you should encounter if you choose that flight. If you had landed at Edwards, and then elected to save the flight--it would put you at Edwards in the same location as when you "saved". "save Flight" will NOT save an entire flight...it will save a repeatable point and set of parameters at which to BEGIN or RESUME a flight. DN

Guest lemonadedrinker

My 2p worth! Say you want to make a difficult approach somewheres and you just got lined up nicely for it-press 'alt',flights, save flight,give name to it and you will then just continue your fantastic approach into wherever. When you crash into the mountain the sim,I think, will restart you at the point you saved. So as the other post pointed out you're not saving the whole flight from the beginning, you just save a set of parameters as a start point for the next flight- so you could opt to crash into the mountain again and again or turn and find another way in or out of that particular set of conditions!! Your choice. And the saved flight option saves you starting again at KSEA or wherever.

Hi all,You're all correct that saving a flight doesn't save the entire flight. Here's the situation: I taxi up to gate 6 in the 737NG at KBHM and shut down all engines. I would then select File from the menu, click on Save Flight, enter the information into the field, and then click Save. The next time I run FS2004 and select this flight, it should load the flight situation, which is at gate 6 at KBHM in the 737NG. But it dose not load this flight. It enstead loads the flight at Tacoma Airport in Seattle in the Cessna 172SP, eventhough I selected the flight from KBHM at gate 6 flying the 737NG. These saved flights are saved in the My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files folder. If I click on one of the saved files in My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files folder, for example the flight I've saved from KBHM at gate 6 flying the 737NG, it loads up the correct flight. But for some reason, it will not load up the correct flight from within FS2004. I alread know that it won't save the entire previous flight. I'm trying to locate the problem but I don't think this problem is from within FS2004, since FS2004 has been re-installed. Anyway, thanks for the tips.Ken.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi. After doing the naming thing of the saved flight, did you check the box 'make this the default flight?' because then whenever you start FS9 you should go to that flight. Just as a little test I taxied off the runway in the Cessna at KSEA off into the trees, saved the flight, checked the box, and now can't get rid of it as the default flight!!!

Hi lemonadedrinker,Yes, I tried that but it did not make any difference. Checking this box only makes the flight you selected the default flight, enstead of the FS2004 default, which is the Cessna 172SP at Tacoma. Eventhough I checked the box "Make This The Default Flight," it still loads FS default, which is the Cessna 172SP at Tacoma. I tried this tip again. Now, when I first start the FS2004, a message comes up and says "Flight Simulator cannot find the aircraft for the requested flight. The default flight will now try to load," which is the Cessna 172SP at Tacoma. By the way, one should not have to check the box "Make This The Default Flight" for a saved flight situation to load. The situation does not depend on rather this box is checked or not. This only serves to make the selected flight the default flight. I've never checked the box in the past and it worked fine. I may just go ahead and un-install the flight simulator and re-install it again. I'm going to be sure even my saved flight are removed. I did this the last time but this time, I will make sure the situations are removed from the My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files folder. But checking the box "remove the saved flights" during the un-installtion should remove them any way. Hope it's a flight simulator problem and not the operating system problem. Well, let's see what happens. Thanks for all of your tips.Ken.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi. To be honest it's a confusing way it's been set up. I've been doing the GAAR and they have a weather file you carry forward to the next flight. In this case you save the flight at the end GAAR5 etc, then exit. When you want to load the next flight onward from that airport you go to flight planner, load the flight you want, say not to go to airport( as that would put you on the runway) and then start and that now seems okay, but at the start of each trip you still have to go to 'select a flight' to get going. One thing I noticed is that you can 'exit' straight from the screen and that might help you after you've set the flight up and saved it as the default as I think when you go back to the first screen with the Cessna on it the sim may not register you want to be somewhere else, --so here you would save the situation you want then--'alt', 'flights' then 'exit' and you come straight out of the sim onto your desktop. Maybe! Good Luck.

Hi Ken,I understand exactly what you mean. I have had this problem for several weeks and the only thing I can attribute it to is another program I installed for FS9. I think I know which program caused the problem, Flightsim Manager, but am not positive. Do you happen to have this program installed?Thanks, Ed

Hi Ken,Thanks for the info. If I come across anything I will let you know.Ed

Guest MattNW

Are you seeing the flight you saved in the "My Saved Flights" of the FS 2004 Select A Flight menu? Also check the name you gave the flight. The only time this has happened to me was when I saved a flight and inadvertantly hit a "." somewhere in the name of the flight. The system interpreted the text after the "." as extension so since the sim couldn't load it as a flight. It just reverted to the default flight. Interestingly however the title still showed up in the "My Saved Flights" folder.Another thing to try is one of the flights that come with FS 2004. Try the Wright Flyer flight. Those are just saved flights so if the sim can load one of these then it should be able to load one you have saved.