Sign in to follow this  
Barnstormer16

GTN750/650 for Carenado panels?

Does anyone know if Carenado is going to offer an installer for Flight1's new Garmin GTN 750/650's so they can be placed in panels in place of either Carenado's or RXP's GNS 530/430 units?

• Like 1

I, for one, have asked for this..

This is going to require development time...  suggest giving Carenado and other developers a bit of time to sort out what this would take...

I'm hopeful that over time, these Flight1 units will be as popular and well supported as the RXP units were in their day..

In the meantime, keep telling every developer you buy from that you would like this to see this offered..

• Upvote 1

Bert

Thanks Bert.  It's good to know the question has been asked.  I suppose it would be difficult to go back to every different panel for every plane and eliminate the GNS frame that has been built in.  It's pretty easy for us to deal with the earlier Carenado aircraft that did not have the frame, but the newer ones are just not doable for us.

I put in a support ticket and was told support for the GTN is not in their plans. Guess we're stuck using popup's. 

Thanks Bert.  It's good to know the question has been asked.  I suppose it would be difficult to go back to every different panel for every plane and eliminate the GNS frame that has been built in.  It's pretty easy for us to deal with the earlier Carenado aircraft that did not have the frame, but the newer ones are just not doable for us.

Yup, that pretty much sums it up.. unless you are willing to accept the unsightly view of a GTN750 screen

in a GNS530 frame..

Bert

I put in a support ticket and was told support for the GTN is not in their plans. Guess we're stuck using popup's.

That's very disappointing as the Flight1 GNT 750 is superb and I am sure that it is the future. Let's hope that more people buy it so that developers will have to support it.

Carenado typically uses a real aircraft as their inspiration when developing for FS and

includes the gauges that are present in that aircraft.   As more real aircraft change to the GTN

series,  Carenado will be more likely to go that route.. in the meantime, keep asking!  B)

Bert

I for one hope this happens as we've (dad and myself) have recently had the GTN750 installed in our A36, and these sort of technology simply scream for virtual training options. Options better I mean, than the already great, but still not quite awesome PC trainers that garmin already offers. The last flight we spent four hours flying around basically just playing with the GTN750's autopilot control features and though it was alot of fun in and of itself, 50 gallons of AVgas is just a bit expensive for that sort of basic training.

I for one hope this happens as we've (dad and myself) have recently had the GTN750 installed in our A36, and these sort of technology simply scream for virtual training options. Options better I mean, than the already great, but still not quite awesome PC trainers that garmin already offers. The last flight we spent four hours flying around basically just playing with the GTN750's autopilot control features and though it was alot of fun in and of itself, 50 gallons of AVgas is just a bit expensive for that sort of basic training.

Can you not use a popup gtn750 for that purpose?

Bert

Well, being that I use P3D exclusively, Carenado not moving forward with GTN integration (especially in their new releases) kills any chance of me buying any of their GA addons. Why they refuse to embrace Mindstar G1000 and GNS gauges and the new Flight 1 GTN series is a head scratcher.  At least we have MilViz and, soon, RealAir to look forward to.

Can you not use a popup gtn750 for that purpose?

Oh I could yes, but considering the overall quality of Carenado's work I think it'd be a shame to lose the immersion provided by fully in-cockpit flying. Though, admittedly it is a minor issue.

The larger issue for me is my choice to adopt XP10 as my sim of choice, and currently there is no way to incorporate the functionality of the GTN trainer software into XP at all. As I understand it, the Flight 1 package is simply a wrapper that allows the core Garmin Trainer software to be used through FS, and currently there is no way to interface the Garmin software and XP10

My post was mostly intended to point out that the GTN series is rapidly finding its way into the general aviation community, and I should only expect this trend to continue. Glass is the future, and in many cases the present. Just because our aircraft were built 30 or even 50 years ago, doesnt mean we have to fly with similarly aged instrumentation. Not to say newer is better in all cases you understand, but in avionics progress is only a positive. Getting these instruments into our virtual aircraft will expose non-pilots to the latest and greatest technologies we enjoy in the cockpit today, and will allow current pilots to experiment with their new avionics in order to better understand them.

In short, these new avionics are absolutly a godsend to the general aviation community given their capabilities and (perhaps most critically their affordablity) relative to digital systems of only a few years ago. I support all efforts to expand the exposure of these instruments to all individuals in aviation, be it digital or analog;)

I could not agree more!

I have a GTN650 installed in the panel of my (FSX) F33 Bonanza and love it!

Bert

In the meantime, keep telling every developer you buy from that you would like this to see this offered..

I make a point of mentioning it on every thread I see regarding a newly released plane, or about to be released, or in the pipeline, or... you get the idea. ^_^

The GTN series are absolutely superior to anything else available to us.  I've spent countless hours now shoehorning it into anything appropriate that I want to fly... and perhaps a few things where it's inclusion isn't exactly appropriate!  I haven't bought the GTN 650 yet (prefer the 750), but I'll likely have to if I want to put a GTN in any of the older Carenado planes; I found out that for whatever crazy reason, most of their gauge spaces are chopped up and stacked on top of each other in reverse.

I spent a good deal of time last night putting it into the Milviz P-38.  The install of GPS didn't take long, but then I figured it needed the RXP STEC 55X from the FLN pack, and then I figured the blank spaces would look better in carbon fiber, and then I figured the whole dash would look better in carbon fiber (it does!)...   And so goes another night where I had just as much fun tweaking as I did flying. :lol:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I have both the 750 and 650 in the MilViz C310, and the 750 in the Lionheart Lear 24B.  F1 did a really nice job with these gauges.

I would love to see RealAir or A2A make a C182 with GTN integration. Off topic, back to Carenado.....