Sign in to follow this  
Barnstormer16

GTN750/650 for Carenado panels?

On 9/26/2014 at 8:08 AM, twharrell said:

I have both the 750 and 650 in the MilViz C310, and the 750 in the Lionheart Lear 24B.  F1 did a really nice job with these gauges.

I would love to see RealAir or A2A make a C182 with GTN integration. Off topic, back to Carenado.....

I had to go back to Prepar3d v3 to make use of the 750 in the 525A CJ2.  It did not lock with the nav.  Maybe I didn't understand how to use it.  Hit NAV assuming the 750 would be integrated with the plane on install - nope.  Plane did its own thing based upon the aircraft native nav system.  Did I miss something, or is this like flying the G1000 using Foreflight?

52 minutes ago, captflyby said:

I had to go back to Prepar3d v3 to make use of the 750 in the 525A CJ2.  It did not lock with the nav.  Maybe I didn't understand how to use it.  Hit NAV assuming the 750 would be integrated with the plane on install - nope.  Plane did its own thing based upon the aircraft native nav system.  Did I miss something, or is this like flying the G1000 using Foreflight?

There is a CJ2 integration mod for the GTN in the CJ2 forum.

Without it, it will not work..

Bert

Thanks Bert.  I've moved on to Prepar3D v4 and will never be going back to v3...too buggy.  Tired of rebooting / out of memory / etc.  But if they ever get it going for v4, that is certainly nice to know.  Thank you.

Just purchased the Carenado ATR72. Can I install the GTN750 in it?

Windows 10 Pro I7-4770k 3,50GHz

Gigabyte GTX980TI. Driver 359.06

Ram 16 GB