Sign in to follow this  
ap1

FSX default 737 altimeter

Can you change the default 737 altimeter from usually 29.92 to in Europe 1013?  I forget exactly what those different settings are called.  I think in Europe, it's qnh.  If it's possible how would I do it?

I believe in the settings of fsx you can choose barometric pressure to be in american or metric system or even a hybrid of the two  check the setting friend.

Hey, thanks for the reply.  I'll see which one works.

Well, I changed the settings from U.S to metric, and when I loaded up the default 737, it didn't change it. :(  Any ideas?

No ideas for the default aircraft unless there are some other gauges to download and install.  I do have some 3rd party aircraft that show both ways (inches of mercury and millibars).

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

No ideas for the default aircraft unless there are some other gauges to download and install.  I do have some 3rd party aircraft that show both ways (inches of mercury and millibars).

OK, so I guess you really can't change it that easily.  Thanks.

The only way I got metric readings was to hover the mouse over the barometer calibration dial

The only way I got metric readings was to hover the mouse over the barometer calibration dial

Where is that at on the default 737?  I haven't tried that before.

think he is referring to  where you imput  the data into

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

think he is referring to  where you imput  the data into

Oh OK, I think I know now what he was talking about.

The Altimeter calibration knob has the label "STD" on it.  You need to have 'Show Cockpit Tooltips' checked in Settings>Display>Aircraft and also have the metric units selected. Then hover your mouse pointer over the Altimeter Calibration knob and the tooltips popup will show the metric reading.  Unfortunately the readout in the PFD remains in US mode.

Would be nice if it would work like on the Airbus where the Altimeter calibration knob also let you select US or Metric and the readings on the PFD change accordingly.

The Altimeter calibration knob has the label "STD" on it.  You need to have 'Show Cockpit Tooltips' checked in Settings>Display>Aircraft and also have the metric units selected. Then hover your mouse pointer over the Altimeter Calibration knob and the tooltips popup will show the metric reading.  Unfortunately the readout in the PFD remains in US mode.

Would be nice if it would work like on the Airbus where the Altimeter calibration knob also let you select US or Metric and the readings on the PFD change accordingly.

Yea, I think I know what instrument it is now. I guess that would work.  Thanks.

The standby altimeter in the default 737 reads both U.S. and European (Inches of

Mercury and Millibars).

Why not just look at it?  No need to hoover the mouse pointer over it.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The standby altimeter in the default 737 reads both U.S. and European (Inches of

Mercury and Millibars).

Why not just look at it?  No need to hoover the mouse pointer over it.

I don't think it does.  It only reads in U.S form. I couldn't get it to change to European.