Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

Earth Simulations Sale! some items 50%!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Thanks, Jude. Never owned any ES stuff before. How good is it really worth, splashing on this? I'm a bit dubious after reading recent posts elsewhere about other sceneries. If you have it, any screenshots?

It's very good ;) Actually the server is very slow today (wonder why :) but there are plenty of screenshots in the forum,and if you have airline2sim,then check out part 9 and 10

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Thanks, Jude. Never owned any ES stuff before. How good is it really worth, splashing on this? I'm a bit dubious after reading recent posts elsewhere about other sceneries. If you have it, any screenshots?

It depends what you want, Rick. If you aren't interested in some of the best scenery packages ever developed for FSX, then don't bother. Seriously, the quality and level of detail is second to none. They are superb.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Be warned, it's some heavy stuff. IMO, harder on my rig than any other scenery pack, ORBX included. Although I never tested it on my new rig, so I can't give any solid information. It also never installed into P3D for me. But truly, top of the line amazing stuff.

I'd echo Chris' comment above ES sceneries are the best...

...and their new Autogenesis product about to be released takes them to a whole new level above that :D

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks, Jude, Christopher, Jackson for your inputs. I'd heard so many good things about Horizon before another poster in another thread that you, Christopher exchanged a few posts with, hinted that Horizon had morphed into Earth and were very good. Plus I've read one or two good things being said about Earth's products elsewhere.

Just one more ask. I don't normally fly GA although I've invested in a stack of them, and mainly fly the tubeliners, so question I pose is, is this basically a really very good GA aircraft scenery, i.e looks good below 10k, not so good above it.

I do hope I've managed to phrase that correctly. Looking forward to your answers, gents.

Yea I get you. Honestly, I think the scenery is made for low level island hopping. Sure, it looks great from up top, but it's meant to be enjoyed at 2,500 feet instead of 25,000, you know? But I know that a few of the islands have airports capable of Dash-8/light 737 operations, so it's up to you how you want to use them. I can understand doing island hops between the islands in a Flybe Q400 or something, that seems like the perfect use of the scenery that I assume you'd be the most interested in.

Hope it helps!

Hi Jackson

Very salient and interesting points you raise. Maybe now I really do have an excuse to get my Q400 out of its hangar since I bought it, and use it to island-hop and enjoy this scenery. If only FS2Crew would make Button Version, or I had bought that piece of training add-on for the Q400.

Rick,

IMO, the ES scenery packages look great at any altitude. The resolution of the terrain textures and mesh is superior to Horizon GenX, and it looks fantastic right down to the ground. Honestly, if you are a "low and slow" GA pilot, you are going to love the ES scenery packages. There is just so much detail to see and discover....

* Alderney and the Isles of Scilly are quite small, but they are still packed with detail, and well worth the money.

* Guernsey is larger, and so densely packed with 3D objects and autogen that the hit on framerates can be quite excessive at maximum detail levels. However, I simply don't care! I am a sucker for detail, which is why I rate the ES scenery packages as the best that I have seen. The airport is also large enough to handle the Majestic Q400, or the QW 146. The runway has been extended slightly to 1583 metres recently (update available from the ES website).

* Shawbury Fields is for users of the Horizon GenX scenery (and possibly Just Flight's VFR Real Scenery). Whilst it does not include higher resolution textures or mesh (it uses the existing GenX/VFR Real base image and mesh), it adds custom 3D objects and autogen to an area of 3500 sq.kms! This includes buildings, trees (lots of different types), bushes, electricity pylons, bridges, churches and God knows what else. There are several airfields included in the area, including RAF Shawbury, RAF Cosford, Welshpool, and a lovely glider field at Long Mynd. There are animated gliders, sailboats and other stuff throughout the scenery, and entire towns and villages are rendered in stunning detail. Well worth the asking price.

* The Isle of Man is (IMO) the star of the show. It is (relatively) huge when compared to the islands mentioned above, but it is just as detailed as the others. The difference is that there are over 700 sq.kms to explore! Incredibly high resolution terrain textures and mesh, a complete range of seasonal textures, a wide range of sound effects, and lots of animated stuff are included. In addition, the main airport can easily handle your Q400, or the QW 146, or the PMDG 737NGX. Framerates do suffer to a certain extent in the most detailed areas, but not as much (at least on my PC) as they are when facing the entire island of Guernsey at close range. I have had this scenery installed for months, but I have only seen a fraction of what is on offer. Admittedly, I haven't done any real exploring yet, but that just adds to the excitement!

I honestly can't wait for the next ES scenery package. Kevin has already mentioned that the first volume of the AutoGenesis project is imminent, but the one that I want the most at the moment is Jersey. I just hope that it isn't another year away :(

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Christopher

Many thanks for that detailed info. As someone who only used to holiday in the IoM as I did not fancy being caught up in the melee of those halcyon days of the Costa Brava package deals, I know the IoM like the back of my hand, so will be looking to add these sceneries. Boy, that and the Orbx discounted sale, my CC is going to take a pounding.

What about the other stuff that they sell? Maybe one (or more) of those items is 50% off?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png