Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Flight1's GTN750/650 in Prepar3D v2.2

This is a very boring video of a test flight taking off from Kodiak, AK in the Milviz 310R in Prepar3D v2.2...

That is, it's boring after the rather scary takeoff! :blush:

In any case, focus on the frame rates with both GTN units doing their thing. They add nearly zero load on the sim, which is truly remarkable!

Best viewed full-screen in 1080p, recorded with NVidia's Shadowplay.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Great video Bill, but then it's also helping me out with a purchase decision.

However, very exciting to see these in the MV twins.  Perhaps in an update in the near future? ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks for the video Bill, great to see it fitting rather nicely in the VC. I'm finding it not so easy to fit aircraft in VC configuration. I love using it though, even in 2D popup. (the 750 that is)

cheers,

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Bill, are you using the free radio panel or did you create a whole new panel? I ask because it looks like you are using the KAP140 autopilot rather than the default AP which is in the free radio panel. I tried putting the KA140 into the free radio panel and it didn't look right. The gauge looked rather dull.

Todd

No Todd, this is a custom 3d mesh I whipped up strictly for testing out the GTN750/650 Flight1 gauge in the VC. The autopilot is the same 3d mesh version used in the "Analog" panel.

The only other change I made was to the "screens" where I'm using the Additive lighting mode rather than the Blend or Multiply-Blend modes. Additive is the only mode that works all the time, and not just at night.

I wanted to run some tests to ensure that it would be worth the effort to include a custom interior model with 3d mesh and textures for those who own or plan to license these units. What complicates the situation of course is that 3d mesh is "fixed in place" and baked into the compiled model, which makes it rather difficult to accommodate user's choices!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill thanks for the explanation.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that you guys decide to do a VC release for the Baron! :lol:

I do understand the potential difficulty though, since you can configure the two gauges in so many ways.  Personally, I only bought the 750, since I'm cheap and I figured that's all I'd really need.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Interesting thread.... nice pics, Fr. Bill.

I’ve used the RXP GNS units in FSX before,  but am now considering this GTN for P3D2.2.  For those of us that lack the VC panel integration skills, or have planes that have yet to be adapted to include the GTN as an option,  I assume that these work as a pop-up window (Shift-X ? ) in P3D? 

Is there a connection to the AP to enable GPS tracking?  If so, I assume that the default GPS is disconnected from the AP?

Thanks-  these new GPS products look good, and as someone said in another thread here, wish I had a touch-screen to really make them feel like the real thing.  I assume that WAAS is simulated?

Thanks,  Bruce.