Sign in to follow this  
Adam Reed

New to P3D, Stutters

So you are getting 4k performance you are happy with on only the 290 'eh?

That's awesome to hear!

I always want more

Now I want the Devil's Canyon 17-4790K that is out next week

Because I still get bogged down a lot

The Ultra-HD is just an HD with focus definition

I've just bought P3D two days ago. Very impressive so far ;) But I'm getting really bad stuttering and lower frames than with the same settings and add-ons in FSX, which runs without a problem. Any ideas?

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Hi all. Think im going to go with the gtx 770 4gb so cant wait for that.

Jesse what are your specs? My issue was my graphics card.

Adam

Jesse what are your specs? My issue was my graphics card.

Hey! Check the "My PC" thingy on the left. I have an ATI Radeon 5800 series graphics card.

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Ahh I don't know much about ATI to be honest, I have just gone for the GTX 770, apparently it will handle P3D well. 

Adam

Unless your new GPU makes you to keep 60fps all the time, you'll still have stutters. We've discussed it here many times, stuttering problem is unavoidable below monitor's native refresh rate. 1/2 refresh rate & adaptive vsync is needed for p3d which hopefully will come with next release.

Fsx is very smooth at 30fps with 1/2 refresh rate vysnc option. I don't know about Xplane but probably same reason. Keeping 60fps all the time is impossible for flightsims. We need these gpu tricks or a monitor with 30fps native refresh rate (I don't know if there's one).

Just seems off that xplane, with no tweaking whatsoever, is always smooth at anything from 20fps on up as high as you can make it go.

No nvidia settings, no tweaking - just works.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact the chassis of p3d is fsx based and this is older than say a modern release of xplane that is more atuned to a modern pc??

I don't know much about xplane to be fair

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

X-plane is next-gen so it takes advantage of modern computer advances. More GPU utilization and also 64-bit. X-plane is expected to perform better than ESP.

Xplane does look fantastic and maybe in a year or two you will see a lot of people switching towards it. 

But, it is not as angelic as people think, if you go to Amazon and look at the reviews for XP10, you will be quite surprised how many negative reviews it has saying good computers cant run it well at all.

So P3D is defo the way forward i think, especially if they do upgrade  it to a 64bit simulator.

Adam

Xplane does look fantastic and maybe in a year or two you will see a lot of people switching towards it. 

But, it is not as angelic as people think, if you go to Amazon and look at the reviews for XP10, you will be quite surprised how many negative reviews it has saying good computers cant run it well at all.

So P3D is defo the way forward i think, especially if they do upgrade  it to a 64bit simulator.

Amazon Reviews are not the best place to receive inputs on Simulators. "Bought this for my hubby and grandchildren love looking at the planes". Remember the performance from launch has drastically improved, but XPX debates are for a different thread. I use them both for different reasons, but I think I have a handle on my stutters, had to drop textures to Medium and Lock FPS at 20 now it's smooth, not as silk as FSX DX10, but not driving me crazy.

Hi Adam,

Have you tried starting P3D and then going into task manager and select all cores under the details tab. I tried this after reading about it on the P3D forum and it gave me a great jump in fps and smoothness.