Sign in to follow this  
rcpistonhead

Cockpit Sim Parts

After Froogle recently posted a video about 737 throttle levers for the Saitek throttle quadrants I became very interested. I found some very nice and real looking throttle levers on www.cockpitsimparts.co.uk

My question is: Has anybody ever heard of Cockpit Sim Parts? Have you ordered from them? How was your experience with your purchase and products?

I want to order the 737 throttle levers they make for the Saitek throttles but I don't want to get burned out of $160. After the recent events with a certain British scam artist that tried to infect our community I am bit cautious of making purchases from lesser known companies.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I know a few builders who have used them, mainly their overheads were the big draw. Never heard anything bad about them.

Never heard anything bad about them.

Thanks for the info Vincent!

Hmm, interesting, because I visited their warehouse only yesterday! I met with one of the partners, Sam. It is a pretty low key affair at the moment, but like most enterprises, they have to start somewhere. I was very impressed with the quality of their panels but more so with the attitude of Sam. He has an eye for detail and appears to be very strict on quality control. What surprised me most of all, and this may also surprise others, is that they literally build everything from scratch in this small warehouse. They cut the panels to size from either 3mm or 5mm high impact plastic, (I'm sure there's a more technical term that should be used) and etch the units with laser cutting tools that work extremely well and create a really nice finish. The items are sprayed with a special paint that's termed Boeing grey. Once all the panels are cut, etched and painted then Sam uses his background in IT to assemble each of the products. He's working on a CDU at the moment which he showed me. I can honestly say I was really impressed! He also showed me a finished EFIS unit, which to my eyes looked to all intents and purposes identical to the real thing. IMO the quality far surpasses a certain manufacturer of EFIS and MCP's costing three times the price!

The overhead panels are supplied in kit form, but they are slowly working towards supplying complete plug and play items.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just ordered the 737 throttle levers as the complete MIP and overhead panel. I will report back as soon as I get them, but it may last a little bit as the overhead panel has a delivery delay of 3-4 weeks as they build them after you order them. I asked a few questions in several emails and they gave me always a fast feedback within 24 hours. When you compare prices, one comes quickly to the conclusion that they have a pretty competitive offer right now. If quality stands up to the promise of their pictures and Youtube videos, then there is nothing to worry about. I will know better at the end of the month when I get my order delivered, but I have a good feeling.

I just ordered the 737 throttle levers as the complete MIP and overhead panel. I will report back as soon as I get them, but it may last a little bit as the overhead panel has a delivery delay of 3-4 weeks as they build them after you order them. I asked a few questions in several emails and they gave me always a fast feedback within 24 hours. When you compare prices, one comes quickly to the conclusion that they have a pretty competitive offer right now. If quality stands up to the promise of their pictures and Youtube videos, then there is nothing to worry about. I will know better at the end of the month when I get my order delivered, but I have a good feeling.

Thanks for letting us know about your order! I look forward to hearing your review once you receive your throttles and overhead panel!

I just ordered the 737 throttle levers

Hi,

Just curious if you ever got your 737 throttle levers from Cockpit Sim Parts? If so, how do you like them?

Thanks

Hi

I bought from them overhead and mip

No problems at all good service

Recomend them

Mhazy

I purchased the entire 737 set. No issues on delivery (5 days across the pond to Michigan), items were exactly what was stated on the website. 

I purchased the entire 737 set. No issues on delivery (5 days across the pond to Michigan), items were exactly what was stated on the website. 

Awesome! I was just on their website to place an order but I didn't see a "purchase" or "add to cart" button. Am I missing something lol?