Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boone

Heathrow sceneries?

Guest captbulldog 2

Hi all,I have the Heathrow Pro scenery but I don't like the author's method of using photo for pure ground textures--I really can't afford to use massive textures with AI's and flying CPU intensive aircrafts. Are there other alternative EGLL sceneries?

Guest jennifer

I still use the old EGLL UK2000 scenery which I find good in FS2004 (it has been updated for FS2004). As far as I know, it is better on frame rates than Heathrow Pro, but won't have the latest buildings and objects. It looks fine to me though.

Ditto, I have all of Gary's sceneries but Heathrow Pro did not do it for me because of the ground textures so I use his old EGLL UK2000 scenery.Hey Fly Tampa or OSS....fancy tackling LHR? ;)regardsEdhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/106762.jpg"You don't stop playing 'cause you get old. You get old 'cause you stop playing."

Guest captbulldog 2

There's on "Old" EGLL UK2k scenery?

Yes - Gary included EGLL in one of the earlier UK2000 packages (not sure which one). He then released a separate (upgraded) Heathrow Pro package with the additional ground textures and updated buildings.

Graeme Butler

Guest captbulldog 2

It just occured to me--there must be a way to remove the photo texture and replace it with ground texture. No?

Guest jennifer

I would have thought so, but not owning the scenery I wouldn't like to suggest any methods. Perhaps if you write to Gary himself and explain why you want to do this he might help out. He's a congenial chap.

UK2000 London Airports was the product that includes EGLL as well as others like EGLC and Stansted, Luton.I also gave up on EGLL Pro - on my latest system framerates are unacceptable (ie sub 10fps!) so now use only the old "London Airports" files.RegardsAdam

Guest sb55mv

Hi Guy'sif you un-install the UK2000 heathrow pro, then it will revert back to the standard UK2000 heathrow, as found in the part4 scenery package.

Guest Boone

Yes, I agree. Still using Heathrow 2000 as it gives far better performance than the new Pro.Best RegardsBoone,BooneEIDW@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."