Sign in to follow this  
SamH

Whether to buy the 777?

Windows 7 64 Bit

Well at least you have the OS that PMDG recommends. If you decide to go with the 777 and it does not work out on your current system you can deactivate the license thru the CDU and then reactivate it when you install it on your new system. Be sure to backup the 777 installer to a DVD, thumb drive, external hard drive or something like that.

I would not buy it until the SP is released. Past that time, the installer would include the SP and would seamlessly integrate into the installer. Best of luck with whatever your decision is.

I have a 4 year old system i7-930 and the 777 works great for me. I have done 15hr+ long haul in real time from one big airport to another multiple times with no issues. I was very surprised. With the 744X and NGX I have had some crashes here and there. Not many, but a few. The 777 I have yet to get one. It is my favorite airplane to fly. If you upgrade your system is it a must by, as simple as that.