Sign in to follow this  
megatransat

I don't understand the PMDG 737 NGX Flightplan and ATC

I have been flying in fsx for almost 6 years now. I recently(3 months ago) stepped my fsx to a whole new level by buying the pmdg 737 ngx. I have been having a few problems concerning FSX default ATC and the PMDG 737 NGX.

First of all, when I begin my descent for my destination, I look at the radar panel right next to altimeter panel thing and fuel panel, it doesn't have the line that directs me to the airport; from the last waypoint to the airport there is no line in the radar/flightplan that tells me where to go so please explain this to me.

Second of all, what am I supposed to do with the atc? When do I contact atc for clearance to land? Are those atc frequency buttons on the lower panel compatible with the default atc or do they do nothing at all. Isnt atc supposed to tell me where to turn/heading and speed like direct me? 

Both of these questions bump into each other. I really having a hard time with approching/descent in the PMDG 737 NGX and ATC since I do not know what to do. The atc always diverts me to the other runway on the complete other side just as I am approaching the runway of choice. Please someone explain or show me a tutorial:( 

Andrej, aka MegaTransat

There are two tutorials that came with the NGX. You just had to look for the documentation, which you MUST do with this aircraft. This isn't a hanglider.

Also, you might want to have a look over FSX tutorials and help files. While they're really simplified over real life procedures, they're much easier to understand and they'll point you in the right direction. Once you feel you know what FSX ATC is about, do yourself a favour and try VATSIM.

Cristi Neagu

FSX ATC doesn't recognize SIDs and STARs - most people either go online with VATSIM or IVAO or just act as their own ATC in a sense, self-vectoring.

You have a discontinuity in the flightplan - as Cristi stated you should do the tutorial flights, they go over this.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Before you even do the tutorials that came with the PMDG 737 NGX you should read the introduction manual that came with it. Then you should absolutely do both tutorials.

After that there's another good tutorial by Tom Risager which you can find here in the AVSIM library and I also recommend that one. All this will take a little work and time but it will be very well worth it.

Dave

Dave Paige

I just finished Tutorial #1 from Gatwick to Schipol! It was a success. What I will find difficult is trying to memorize the whole entire procedure button to button. Will FS2 crew be able to do this for me instead of me memorizing everything? 

Andrej

I just finished Tutorial #1 from Gatwick to Schipol! It was a success. What I will find difficult is trying to memorize the whole entire procedure button to button. Will FS2 crew be able to do this for me instead of me memorizing everything? 

Andrej

Hey Andrej,

I don't know about FS2Crew, but if you google the following : "pmdg ngx checklist pdf" (without the quotation marks :lol: ), you will find a number of links to procedure lists made and shared by some generous folk.  This will save you "memorising" (which can be problematic anyway).  Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

There are procedures in the FCOM you can follow. With time these will become second nature. Even with FS2Crew you will have your own flows to complete. After you memorize what you need to do, you just use checklists to ensure you carried the most important steps.

Cristi Neagu

FS2crew provides much assistance, after all, this is a crew focused aircraft. First officer is extremely helpfully, invite him along.