Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jan Bergwall

Why do I love the LDS767?

>No problems here other than having to RTFM :D I'm sure, certain, that this is what it comes down to in most cases.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest Johto

I have flown this bird two days, and have had ZERO problems. Majority of the complains are just pilot errors! Get it while its still hot! ;D Its so good that i'm waiting nervously to get back home from work to fly it again ;)

>Blocking the forum will keep my away for a LONG>time...at least until there are A LOT more posts.me too - I never buy the initial release of any addon anyway, even though I know many, many issues are unread manual-related (PSS has had a busload since way back - I read the manuals long b4 buying - helps a bunch)I'm doing the same with LDS - but the inability to read the support forum along with the docs is a real problem for me, and hampers my assessment of the product. Obviously some hw/sw setups are a problem for this product - how do I as a prospective buyer know when issues are resolved?Hopefully LDS will keep the fs-public up to speed with announcements. regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Rob - I just love the english language...so, how 'bout this? "It has fewer bugs than any initial release ever" :-) . I don't think anyone has ever said it's bug-free (inspite of what some folks are posting to the contrary). But there are a lot of us who have flown a lot of flights with no problems at all. I just flew a RW flightplan KATL-LIRF last night and the aircraft literally flew itself. The only time I touched the controls was on rotation and landing. I don't know of any other product right out of the box that we could do that with. I understand that some folks are having some major issues. But I honestly believe that 90+% of them are either equipment or RTFM issues. Back to the flight planner.....Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Just call yourselves 'Beta Testers' eh? .............and your being charged for it too!All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest jennifer

Yep!! maybe I'll wait for the Capatain Sim version......!!

Hi Doug,YES.. That IS a better statement :-)If it's true, I don't know I don't own this 767, nor do I plan to buy it. So I won't comment on THAT.I'm too busy with making freeware gauges :-) to have the spare time needed to master these complex aircraft.I'm just a bit fed up with people (NOT YOU) claiming that "a" product is bug-free when they haven't found problems themselves. Anyone that knows a bit about SW development knows that bug-free SW is an illusion. Just test long enough, especially all the exceptional and boundery situations, and you WILL find bugs :-)Cheers, Rob

It's really amazing what happens when 2000-3000 people get their hands on a new release - Stuff Happens :-) . I was in the software development business in one capacity or another for almost 30 years and you're right about the "bugs". They are ALWAYS there. Just look at any support forum for any "mature" product - people are always coming up with something new. The thing about "bugs" is that they are often nothing more than a manifestation of a customer's frustration brought about by a perception of a given situation. It doesn't matter whether or not there is a software fault. If the customer can't use the product for whatever reason (like fly the d**n airplane) then they are, rightfully or wrongfully, going to call it "buggy". I really have a lot of sypmathy and empathy for the folks who have the 767 parked in the hanger for whatever reason. I know that the LDS team is working very hard right now to try and get a handle on why Stuff is Happening. And I have to really hand it to Tom Main for the Flight1 30-day money back policy. Hopefully not many folks will need to get the refund, but it's nice to have a distributor who's willing to share the risk. That says a lot for the quality of the products Flight1 offers. Talk to you later Rob...Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Paul Heaney

>Yep!! maybe I'll wait for the Capatain Sim version......!!Hehehe, thanks for the chuckle.

Guest Javis

Doug,>"It has fewer bugs than any initial release ever" :-)That statement holds no water either. For that to be true you'd have to have purchased/downloaded and extensively tried and tested each and every pay- and freeware FS aircraft add-on that ever has been released. I'm willing to bet that you haven't.. :( >The only time I touched the controls was on rotation and landing.I feel for you..... Now where's my old and battered Beaver.. That said i have the LDS767 too, it's absolutely brilliant! (not bug free but who cares)Jan

Guest Jan Bergwall

I'm happy with my LDS767. I picked it up in Seattle and flew it home to ESSA-Arlanda with stops in Minneapolis, Boston and Keflavik. No bigger issues, except for to get used to it's size, especially at approach and landing. And yes, I think it have less bugs from start than many other released addons. Believe me, I got a lot of both pay- and freeware :-). I also appreciate the low impact on FPS and the smooth flightmodel. A lot of liveries are already there to download and many more to come. Also SID/STARS are under production by many skilled users so it's gonna be fun this spring to try them out.I will put this release at the same level as PMDG's Boeing 737. /Jan B.