Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

considering buying a 757 for FS9

Options are QWings, PSS and CaptainSim.

I owned the two first but removed them from my sim 2 PCs ago.

What about the latter? Is it still worth it, especially in comparison to what I am used to flying nowadays: iFly, Maddog?

I am interested in the systems and the accuracy of flight.

Thanks

in comparison to what I am used to flying nowadays: iFly, Maddog?

IMHO you will be unhappy with Captain Sim's 757 also, particularly when compared to the aircraft nominated.  Captain Sim is all about eye candy rather than systems depth.

I understand Quality Wings several months ago issued the final service pack for their 757.  Unfortunately can't remember whether that was just for FSX/P3D.  Maybe you should check that out since you already own that version?

Thanks

Qwings is a no-go for me patched or not.

Ok, I might pass on a 757 then :(

PSS has always been a solid performer for me. CS is too buggy.

Thanks for the feedback.

Buggy still after the final patch: 2.2?

PSS is the best 757 offering for FS9 IMO. Have had everything mentioned and I always go back to the PSS 75. Fine balance between systems, eye candy and performance. Also, there are countless repaints available for the PSS line of 757's. 

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Thanks for the feedback.

Where do I start? :rolleyes:

very-thick-book.jpg

Yes it's that bad IMO. PSS has its own share of bugs but nothing as bad as CS. Just the flight dynamics alone makes you want to cry.

Thanks for the feedback.

This is not true. :blink:  The Captain Sim 757 is solid now.  All systems are modeled on the same level as the iFly 737.  You should love the final version of the CS757 at this point if you like the iFly 737.  I don't know how some can come in hear and tout the inferior PSS version which looks totally wrong in he cockpit as well as the external model.  System wise the PSS 757 may be decent but the CS version is better.  Try it out for yourself and report back.  What people are saying about it at this point is wrong (CS757).  The only draw back is you can't accelerate sim time with it which sucks for long haul flights.  I use the QW757 for flights over an hour as I can accelerate time with it.  The final version of the QW757 is good as well although not as in depth as the CS version.  In FS9 at this point the CS757 is the best you can get.  If you get it I'd love for you to report back your findings to help squash this false reporting of the product...  :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Slightly OT - but how does the FPS impact of the CS 757 and iFly 737 compare? I'd like the iFly 737, but I'm worried about the FPS impact. I picked up the CS 757 for cheap some years ago... and can't fly it, since it makes my FS a slideshow even at low settings.

Dillon,

You confirm that the last update cleaned a lot of mess and that could be the reason others (who might be still on the previous releease) could have a different opinion?

Thank you all for your inputs in any case.

Dillon,

You confirm that the last update cleaned a lot of mess and that could be the reason others (who might be still on the previous releease) could have a different opinion?

Thank you all for your inputs in any case.

I confirm the framerate issues and all other issues reported has been cleaned up in the most recent version of the CS757.  There may be some obscure issues I'm sure someone can find that wants to take issue with the package but straight out it's a solid product now (especially the FS9 version).  No software is perfect but if you like the iFly model you'll like the CS757.  

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

What sort of FPS impact does 2.2 have for you, Dillon? I *think* that that's the version I have... and it's not useable on my machine. But I have redownloaded the latest installer and will try it out to see if it's actually better.

This is not true. :blink:  The Captain Sim 757 is solid now.  All systems are modeled on the same level as the iFly 737.  You should love the final version of the CS757 at this point if you like the iFly 737.  I don't know how some can come in hear and tout the inferior PSS version which looks totally wrong in he cockpit as well as the external model.  System wise the PSS 757 may be decent but the CS version is better.  Try it out for yourself and report back.  What people are saying about it at this point is wrong (CS757).  The only draw back is you can't accelerate sim time with it which sucks for long haul flights.  I use the QW757 for flights over an hour as I can accelerate time with it.  The final version of the QW757 is good as well although not as in depth as the CS version.  In FS9 at this point the CS757 is the best you can get.  If you get it I'd love for you to report back your findings to help squash this false reporting of the product...  :ph34r:

Les,

That is YOUR opinion. Just because someone else has a different opinion or view does not make them wrong. That's how some can come in here and tout the PSS version of the 757. I had the CS757 and it was IMO junk. My view. Now, after what you said I may have another look at it and see how it has been improved. Thanks for making me aware that there has been an update to the CS 75, as I have stopped following or even looking at their stuff. 

Regards,

Joe Esposito