Sign in to follow this  
megatransat

PMDG 777-300ER Release date?

who is the praetorian guard miquel egea?

andrej

Hi Andrej

The Praetorian Guard were the guards for Roman emperors. The term can be used (and was in this case) to describe people who will always defend a particular firm (PMDG say), team etc. 

Don't be hard on the newby, the more the better. Innocent question but as mentioned above PMDG as a matter of routine doesn't provide release dates. Not even the bunch testing the bird would venture a guess. Welcome Andrej!

Dan Downs KCRP

Coffee? Checked. Popcorn? Checked. Comfortable seat? Checked. Before thread deletion/locked checklist complete.

Class :)

Hi Nixon, don´t forget that the best way of defense PMDG is buying  all their products (the 747 , even twice) ,as i have done since 2002.

Best.

Miquel Egea.

There will be an update today that will give us a release timeline, according to PMDG. They do have a history of not quite meeting some of these deadlines that they set, so don't hold your breath.

"It will be released when it is ready?". DO not need for PMDG`s official reply. Boss is back in Singapore this week and I will try that again with him also. Next month is my project deadline(something which PMDG doesn't set of looks like even have, a deadline hence the dragging on and on of the release date) Gonna be another 3 hours lecture. I think I will have to check if Starbucks got deliver to my office!

Coffee? Checked. Popcorn? Checked. Comfortable seat? Checked. Before thread deletion/locked checklist complete.

Class :)

Classic indeed! It read exactly like I hear my FS2Crew NGX co-pilot on every flight...  :He He:

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

"It will be released when it is ready?". DO not need for PMDG`s official reply. Boss is back in Singapore this week and I will try that again with him also. Next month is my project deadline(something which PMDG doesn't set of looks like even have, a deadline hence the dragging on and on of the release date) Gonna be another 3 hours lecture. I think I will have to check if Starbucks got deliver to my office!

There ya have it, ladies and gentlemen!  Darren, continuing to deliver on a broken version of technology that all but died out in the 80s.

(That would be a broken record for those of you who don't get it.)

Seriously, though, when are you going to learn that these are entirely different industries and markets?  Same thing happens with records too.  Artists release it when it's finished, and it's a legitimate response to say "it's ready when it's ready."  You should really work on coming up with better metaphors and comparisons in general...

Kyle Rodgers

There ya have it, ladies and gentlemen!  Darren, continuing to deliver on a broken version of technology that all but died out in the 80s.

(That would be a broken record for those of you who don't get it.)

Seriously, though, when are you going to learn that these are entirely different industries and markets?  Same thing happens with records too.  Artists release it when it's finished, and it's a legitimate response to say "it's ready when it's ready."  You should really work on coming up with better metaphors and comparisons in general...

seriously, shouldn t you better be beta testing that SP1 and making sure art is being delivered before fans are completely frustrated? or are you trying to set the record of the highest number of fights in this forum?

Same thing happens with records too.  Artists release it when it's finished, and it's a legitimate response to say "it's ready when it's ready."

Actually thats not how it works at all. Record labels give deadlines, recording contracts stipulate "x" amount of albums to be released in a given time, studio times get booked for a certain period of time, etc.

You may want to work on your metaphors as well……...

Adrian Brown

seriously, shouldn t you better be beta testing that SP1 and making sure art is being delivered before fans are completely frustrated? or are you trying to set the record of the highest number of fights in this forum?

Seriously...shouldn't you worry about your own daily tasks and not criticize me for mine?  If anyone needs it, it's not really me.  I'm not the one constantly whining about everything taking so long.  The whole entire team is trying pretty hard to get this done despite a hefty dose of personal things going on - illnesses, my brother's wedding this weekend, father's day today, semesters of grad school ending for some, and so on - yet that's apparently not good enough.  I'm, personally, really tired of the unnecessary whining.  Sure, I totally understand the people who are simply making statements that they're disappointed that it's taking so long.  It's something completely different to stretch every post into one's own agenda of whining and complaining using the same tired analogies.

...but to answer your question, there's something called multi tasking:

IMG_2198.JPG

So I'll say this again:

Instead of spending the rest of the day relaxing with my family (repeat: brother's wedding yesterday - father's day today), and potentially taking a bike ride in the mountains (which I've wanted to do down there for some time now), I decided to book it home so I could get some work done.  I don't think anyone would've blamed me for not testing things out right now, given the activities of the weekend.  Best not to assume, and best not to stick one's nose in the business of others...especially if you have no business being there.  Until you start paying me, I'll politely ask you to keep to yourself about my schedule, personal or otherwise.

Actually thats not how it works at all. Record labels give deadlines, recording contracts stipulate "x" amount of albums to be released in a given time, studio times get booked for a certain period of time, etc.

Sorry, but no.

My roommate - who was the one who taught me that Tuesday is "album day" (read as: knows more than most about the recording industry) - has imparted quite of a lot of his knowledge upon me.  That being said, while you're right that certain artists have the contracts you mention, a lot don't.  I'm not sure how old you are, but clearly you're not too big of a fan of Guns n' Roses, which took their precious time on Chinese Democracy (9 years).  There are numerous others, usually where the bands simply worked at their own pace and not a pace set by a label.

Might want to fact check first next time before criticizing, in a similar way to the last guy (except in your case, your fact checking didn't require getting into my house)  :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

we all admire you Kyle, especially for your great wisdom and life balance. one advice, (i doubt you will take it) leave the forum alone for a week and do a few of those things you mentioned instead. things will be a lot easier here and you will be relaxed and more productive... after all, at the point we are, the SP1 will not be released sooner due to that.

I'm not sure how old you are, but clearly you're not too big of a fan of Guns n' Roses, which took their precious time on Chinese Democracy (9 years).

I didn't know there was an age requirement to be a fan of Guns n' Roses…….

So basically what you should have compared the FS release in question to was G n R's release of Chinese Democracy. The point is, most artists (except of course for Guns n' Roses) do work with deadlines.

Adrian Brown

Kyle....

Jo7eCED.jpg

zlXfv6v.jpg

...Why...

:ph34r:

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png