Sign in to follow this  
mtaxp

FlightFactor 777

Hey ,

I'm really thinking to purchase the FF 777 , but I saw that some people say that it lacks in some things , so my questions are ,

- how is it in terms of systems modelling ? I mean how complex the systems are , is it in PMDG level for example?

-How accurate is the flight model ?

-How about FMC complexity? step climbes , fuel management , updating AIRAC etc ... 

I terms of graphics I saw that it has some nice effects , however the cockpit IMO needs a re-modelling but this is what a user in the org is doing and it looks really nice so far!

I agree that the 777 VC needs new textures.  I will purchase the 777 when user, Pumper, from the org is finished with his excellent upgraded VC textures. 

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Flight model wise, don't expect anyway near the level achieved by PMDG with the about to be released patch for their 777, but, it took them more than a year to fix the wrong interpretation / modeling of the C*u law...

This being said, it is nice to hand control, but it simply does not act like a 777 :-/

This doesn't mean that it can't be done in X-Plane 10, just that no one, that I know of, has come near to this fbw systems modeling than what is presently available for a few airbuses, IMO the QPAC A320 being the best available in terms of the typical Airbus C* law.

I believe that another area that kept me from appreciating the work done for the FF 777 was my difficulty in interacting with the virtual cockpit. With TiR5, I guess that it might have made a big difference since I could then easily "zoom" into the different areas of the cockpit I needed to interact with....

If I ever decide to give XP10 a try again, probably by 10.30 final, the FF 777 will certainly one of the reinstalls, specially because I want to get the feel of their latest patch, which I never installed...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I believe that another area that kept me from appreciating the work done for the FF 777 was my difficulty in interacting with the virtual cockpit. With TiR5, I guess that it might have made a big difference since I could then easily "zoom" into the different areas of the cockpit I needed to interact with....

Why don't you use a combination of mouse scroll wheel for zooming and hat switch or right mouse button for moving around?

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Why don't you use a combination of mouse scroll wheel for zooming and hat switch or right mouse button for moving around?

Yes, that's what I used to do, but since I got my TIR5, I don't want any other thing :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

While PMDG has its products in "sandbox" mode with XP 10, the 777 and 757 from FF are a nice place holder.  Definitely not the accuracy of PMDG, but they're pretty good products, considering XP10 is still relatively new.  I especially enjoy the smooth frame rates in XP10, while my FSX gets progressively slower.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I usually change from fsx to x-plane 10 and back during different periods of year, pmdg, coolsky and qw products for fsx give me the realism I demand to enjoy a sim (I,m a real airline pilot) but in the other hand x-plane 10 and it physics are amazing, but you will need nice payware products like the flyjsim 727/737 and ff 757/777. The ff777 its a very nice product and you can compare it to the pmdg one, maybe not in the vc textures or the fms, but is a very inmersive and deep system product and you will need to read manuals to start one of this, fsx with the perfect payware products is great, but try a flight in EHAM with the ff777 during night with rain and storm in x-plane and you will not regret. Best regards.

Thanks for all comments guys , I think I'll hold after 10.30 will get final as the T7 will be updated .

I agree that the 777 VC needs new textures.  I will purchase the 777 when user, Pumper, from the org is finished with his excellent upgraded VC textures. 

He's churning on:

I will also purchase when Pumper is done.  Really looking forward to it.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Great video!

Think I'll have to re-install the FF 777 now that XP10 is back on my rig ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Pumper's realistic Boeing 777 cockpit 1.0 released!

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=25511

Abbreviated feature list of this cockpit:
- total rebuild of all objects and parts of the cockpit – no more holes and gaps in the cockpit
- error of disappearing flight instruments when moving close to the cockpit’s rear wall
- window wipers no longer glow in the dark
- heating wires and real world decals added to cockpit windows, brightness can be changed by alternate effect files
- dash board on front panel completely modelled
- standby compass deviation list added to front window area
- improved standby compass added
- overhead panel now showing real world switches, circuit breakers and background illumination
- new dome and spot lights, pedestal illumination implemented
- floor lights implemented
- almost all buttons, switches and levers animated
- new fire distinguish lever effects and illumination (check the test button!)
- real world switch logics added to the buttons and switches (energy dependency, animated safety caps, causal system interactions), CVR system test with working gauge implemented, etc…
- oxygen masks with working function test implemented
- adjustable outlet nozzles for fresh air and heating in the cockpit
- animated tillers on both sides
- all lever and switch animations improved
- switches will now follow a plausible mouse movement
- improved flight displays with realistic icons and improved colors; brightness and contrast can be changed by alternate effect files
- dim function added for WX radar on PFD
- working dim functions for all displays including all CDUs
- center CDU now showing data and reacting on respective dim switch
- cabin light dim switch moved from fake overhead panel position to a (still fake but more plausible) position next to the flight deck door
- EFBs now working on CPT’s and FO’s side – brand new 3D model with separate PWR button
- working TO/GA buttons added to thrust lever (“PMDG style” hidden position on dash board for easy access to this function added additionally near the autopilot disengage bar (look for the “+”))
- auto throttle disengage buttons implemented to the thrust levers (all working)
- several easy access functions – i.e.: single click on spoiler lever to arm, one click functions for safety caps and fuel cutoff switches