Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Level D 767 as good as the hype?

I think the developers of the 767 have done a wonderful job. I have not been having the same issues as a lot of others have / are having.The only issue I'm having is caused by a conflict between the 767 and another package.There have been a lot of comments about this being the most advanced aircraft available fo FS. I'm sorry, I disagree with these comments. This was so with the PIC767, but FS and the community have moved on since then. There are features that might be unique and new to FS, but there are other packages such as the RFP 747-200 (although its graphics are not the best) that are more advanced.Having said all that, I do not in anyway regret my purchase and highly recommend it for anybody. For thoses that are wanting a big bird to fly anywhere in the world, either short, medium or log haul, the LDS767 is the best available at the moment. RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

I have to agree with you guys here also. I have given this some thought over the last few days and have concluded...open the forum and I will open my wallet!I have never seen this type of thing with a vendor, do they have any idea how frustrating it is to see, in the General Discussion Forum, a post stating 'major issue with the AP' only to see it locked and relocated to a special access only forum!!I loved all of the freeware/payware PIC team products and have always been a great support. However, on this one I will base my purchase on one of two things happening - the forum opens or AVSIM does a complete in-depth review.I am sure that the LDS team would support my decision.

Although I have purchased the Level D 767, and hence have access to the 767 forums, I too would have liked to have had read-only access to the Level D support forum before I made my purchase so that I could get a feel for the maturity of the product on initial release. Now that I can get in the "club" I am relieved to find that only a handful are having major problems, with the vast majority still trying to wipe the smiles off their faces. If anything it would have cemented my decision to purchase, not turned me away.So come on Level D, open up and make the support forums read-only to wannabe purchasers. It can only make sales go up for you!Gary

Guest bonjourmoi44

Very well said, Dianne. And to Farlis:Your post was unnecessary. If you indeed had read the entire thread then you would have seen this. Although, I do not blame you, the thread is long and dry, might as well jump to conclusions rather than reading it in its entirety.

Guest jnav

Here also an old time simmer who was waiting anxiously the release of this product. However was extremely disappointed to see that the support forums were closed to potential buyers. I am not saying that I wont by it but if any thing will delay considerably my purchase. I don

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hi guys,Hold on to your money until they fix some of the bugs, yes it has its share of bugs. Right now my LEVEL-D 767 is in the hangar until a patch is released.Mike

Guest A321

I Have never ever said this, but on this occasion I WillStop shouting about patches, Yes it ****MAY***** Neeed one but,Please guys Read The ManualJason

Guest Bry

well, since it was released I've clocked about... 28 hours according to FS Flight Tracker and I have only found 2 things I would call bugs. One being the cabin sound issue which is only occasional and easy to work around until a fix.The other thing is that the pushback option gives me an error about not being able to load a bitmap and crashes FS, so I am using the old shift+p method.On a more minor level, the only other thing I can think to point out is the VC window wipers 'snap' into position. You can turn the switch on and they are suddenly in the middle of the windscreen. Or turn them off and they vanish completely. Other than that, I've had nothing like a serious problem or even minor ones actually and am quite happily getting everything running from cold and dark to the full flight. I've not required any kind of tutorial either and have barely glanced at the manual. I'm putting that down to experience with the original 767 PIC and that the 757/767 family has a very straight forward flight deck design.Basically, the way I see it, the initial release version is more complete/stable then the final versions of a number of the other add-ons I've purchased and is very useable.

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hello,What does reading the manual have to do with B U G S!!!.It ****MAY***** need a patch?.NOIt does need a patch!!!Mike