Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

AI ships Afcad making

Here an example with two Afcad - AI ship and AI animals:

Commander Cousteau's "Calypso" and jumping dolphins near Daedalus Reef in the Red Sea

14263878160_1863c7133d_b.jpg

Or static AI ship combined with static objects:

USS "Midway" leaving Pearl Harbor (classic era)

13081515394_4bab4e7b7b_b.jpg

Bernard

How can I modify or change the cfg file?

If I understand your post correctly, you are using a flyable or in this case a user steerable model as the AI vessel SS Norway? If that is the case that would be why it does not behave properly (sit in / on the water. I will assume Bernard has emailed you help on that. The explanation is that a user 'flyable' ship does not or is not intended to follow a taxi path etc. The AI version needs wheels to do that (albeit small and invisible (same for AI float planes that operate on water)). If the cfg. already has wheels they probably will need adjustment. It may also help when observing to use something other than the same model, maybe the default Cessna amphibian plane? Also note that AI ships can behave rather strangely at times if the user approaches them or gets to near.

Regards,

As a follow up I did a little searching and found the AI version of the Le France over at FlightSim.com.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=25621782&page=14

ai_lefra.zip

After looking at the cfg file it would appear that it will also need adjusting as per my previous post and if that is what you already have please forgive me for wasting your time.

Regards,

Thank you, Mebull,

Indeed, Bernard helped me to modify the aircraft.cfg, and the SS Norway travels fine now on the apron paths. But I'm still experimenting to get the AI ship to a longer distance. It travels fine now from the "parking area" to the "runway", even at a distance of approx 100 nm, but I want to get it now further, till even a distance of thousends of nmiles if possible, steared via a regular TTools flightplan. It takes much time to me to do tests....

I hope soon to breng my results.

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey! Mebull,

Flightsim. com does not react when I look for ai_lefra.zip, nor when I just type the link that you gave me.... Should I look in the regular files library or else?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey!

Mistake of mine....

I got it now!

Thanks for your help!

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

But I'm still experimenting to get the AI ship to a longer distance. It travels fine now from the "parking area" to the "runway", even at a distance of approx 100 nm, but I want to get it now further, till even a distance of thousends of nmiles if possible, steared via a regular TTools flightplan.

Keep us informed of your results.

Bernard

Hey!

I'm still testing an same project. My main problem is ...

How to make an AI boat that, comes from it's parking area and enters the runway, really take off from that runway?

Is there anydody who knows that?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

There is no entering on a runway - it's a ship, not an aircraft! The runway is at the end of the leg as shows the Afcad above. I don't presume you want to get your ships flying?

Bernard

Is there anydody who knows that?

As Bernard explained, the runway is simply the end point required by your AI schedule and by the AFCAD data to represent a 'complete' airport and 'flight' system. The runway should be thought of as the destination and as such the ship can not actually use the runway to go anywhere. If the AI vessel was to actually use the runway it could only turn (if necessary) to a heading that would take it in a straight line to the next airport destination and that doesn't seem to work out well. The AI engine in FS9 was only designed for aircraft and solid airport surfaces, that is why AI float planes, Ai vessels and AI helicopters are so quirky and need a lot of tweaking along with some very special approaches to making their AFCADS.

Please review my post # 4 above on how to create two AFCADs to form a loop. Think of it as; parking spot (start) - taxi link to runway (end), then in a separate AFCAD; a parking spot located exactly where the AI vessel stops per the first AFCAD (new start), then a 'return' taxi link back to your original ( 1st AFCAD ) parking spot is / was and end there with a runway. The next thing would be to adjust the timing of the flight plan so that the same AI vessel is used twice. Once for the first AFCAD and once for the second. By adjusting the timing of the schedule you will have vessel #1 completing the route of AFCAD #1 and Vessel #2 appearing in the same spot (the parking spot of AFCAD #2) and remaining there until it departs to follow route #2. Make AFCAD #1 1 first and with your Flight plan prove that it works and at that point AFCAD #2 for the return trip will be much easier and then you will have a reliable system to work on your complete round trip schedule.

Regards,

Hi,

I got interested in this topic by reading and perhaps will try to make a AI ship "steam plan" myself. But Mels post #24 makes me ask what happens when vessel #1 has completed his trip. Will it just disappear, will it take off or will it stuck at it's place? In my imagination, there are two vessels visible then. Or am I completely wrong?

Thanks,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I'm sorry, Mebull,

I'm affraid that I cannot send a ship away using an afcad where runway and parking spot force the ship to make a 360° tour, daparting and arriving at the same port.

What I want is that the ship really "leaves" a port, and arrivés somewhere at another place, determined by a so called flightplan. Not from A to B and back, but from A to, possibly B, but also possibly C or D or whatever place ...

I don't think that I can obtain that with an afcad like yours where runway and parking spot are in eachother's neigbourhood. They should be away from eachother I think.....

See more at http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ai-ships-for-long-distance.430510/ where I started a discussion on same subject.

Thanks anyway for your help!

Greetz

Jive1

Hey! GeyerH

I'm still finding out how I can let the AI-ship start and travel in the correct direction...

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

AI engine in FS9 was only designed for aircraft and solid airport surfaces, that is why AI float planes, Ai vessels and AI helicopters are so quirky and need a lot of tweaking along with some very special approaches to making their AFCADS.

AI helicopters use the same kind of Afcad as aircraft, just very shorter (500 ft.). It's complete different to AI ship.

Hi,

Will it just disappear, will it take off or will it stuck at it's place?

Yes, it disappear for some minutes and reappears at starting point. No double ships.

I'm affraid that I cannot send a ship away using an afcad where runway and parking spot force the ship to make a 360° tour, daparting and arriving at the same port.

What I want is that the ship really "leaves" a port, and arrivés somewhere at another place, determined by a so called flightplan. Not from A to B and back, but from A to, possibly B, but also possibly C or D or whatever place ...

I don't think that I can obtain that with an afcad like yours where runway and parking spot are in eachother's neigbourhood. They should be away from eachother I think.....

See more at http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ai-ships-for-long-distance.430510/ where I started a discussion on same subject.

A 360° tour would be a circle? You certainly mean a turn to come back to where the AI ship started. My Afcad above does exactly such a leg. Runway can be placed very narrow to the parking position (see Afcad above). Not exactly on the parking position, but very close.

I did a lot of Crash Tender traffic for CalClassic and some stop almost at the same place where they started. AI ships work exactly the same way.

Bernard

I don't think that I can obtain that with an afcad like yours where runway and parking spot are in eachother's neigbourhood.

Two separate AFCADs, two separate ICAOs needed.

AI helicopters use the same kind of Afcad as aircraft, just very shorter (500 ft.). It's complete different to AI ship.

My reference was to the cfg tweaks needed and specially designed AFCADs.

I wrote, "The AI engine in FS9 was only designed for aircraft and solid airport surfaces, that is why AI float planes, AI vessels and AI helicopters are so quirky and need a lot of tweaking along with some very special approaches to making their AFCADS."

So I take it you are supporting what I wrote? Thank you.

A 360° tour would be a circle? You certainly mean a turn to come back to where the AI ship started. My Afcad above does exactly such a leg. Runway can be placed very narrow to the parking position (see Afcad above). Not exactly on the parking position, but very close.

The original poster Jive1 expressed the desire to have his AI vessel arrive at port #2, seem to remain there for a period of time then depart there for a return trip to port #1. So, although what you propose is the most common and tried and true method, it will not provide for that in port #2 delayed departure.

But Mels post #24 makes me ask what happens when vessel #1 has completed his trip. Will it just disappear, will it take off or will it stuck at it's place? In my imagination, there are two vessels visible then.

Yes it would. The trick is to make vessel #2 to appear in exactly the same spot as vessel #1 is when it disappears and to having the timing down to a blink of the eye so you would not see the exchange unless you were watching very closely.

Regards to all,

So, although what you propose is the most common and tried and true method, it will not provide for that in port #2 delayed departure.

Yes, and that's what Jive1 is searching for. Up to now I haven't seen any solution how to manage parking with apron path, runway, runway link and - eventually - hold-short nodes.

Bernard