Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

AI ships Afcad making

Hey! Leuen and Mebull,

My target is having an AI ship travelling from place A to place B, and, according to what the flightplan says, to let it travel back, OR, and this is important, OR, to let it travel to another place C, if the flightplan says so.

So I need a separate afcad for each individual place, and both at the start place and at the arrival place a single taxi path between the parking spot and the runway.

In between both startt and arrival ports there could or should be some waypoints whereto the ship can be sent by the flightplan. So, I don't need a turn to come back, I only need an afcad wherefrom the AI ship can leave, and possibly in a later stadium also return to and arrive, just leaving in a direction that is given by the flightplan, eighter to a waypoint or to another terminal port.

I understand very well that I need different afcads with different ICAOs, even when the two ports are far away from eachoter, the waypoints need as well a separate afcad with its own ICAO.

A lot of tweaking is necessary, but is not impossible, and a good solution coming thereout is still possible. Up to now nothing says that it is impossible.

So, I started all kinds of unusual afcadconstructions for permitting an AI ship to start at a parking spot, go via  taxiway over the runway and leave that afcad towards a direction which is determined by the flightplan...

And in all these my tests it appeared to be "the" problem on how to make the ship leaving the afcad at a by the flijghtplan given destination, because up to now in all my tests the ship makes an almost 180° return, to the opposite direction as where I want it to go...

And that is my present first problem to be solved.

See more at http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/ai-ships-for-long-distance.430510/

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

I got interested in this topic by reading and perhaps will try to make a AI ship "steam plan" myself. But Mels post #24 makes me ask what happens when vessel #1 has completed his trip. Will it just disappear, will it take off or will it stuck at it's place? In my imagination, there are two vessels visible then. Or am I completely wrong?

As obvisouly nobody could answer the question, I will do it. With AI traffic using an apron link based Afcad as do ships or vehicles, the model disappears when reaching the end of the leg resp. the needed runway. It reappears after some minutes at the parking spot, ready for the next scheduled leg. You won't have two ships as you supposed.

Bernard