Sign in to follow this  
Iain007

Interior colour

I was wondering if it is possible to change the interior cockpit colour from the standard beige/brown on the 777 to something similar to the 737 NGX.

I know the stock colour is true to life but wondered if it is possible to change?

Cheers

Iain

I did this for a merger with a freeware 787. Not quiet realistic but I also wanted to see the 777 cockpit in grey and I find it looks very cool. I personally like the grey styled cockpit more then the beige one.

http://i60.tinypic.com/n392fl.jpg

I just used photoshop and DTXBmp Editor and pulled out all coulor from the beige cockpit textures.

Btw: I did this for personal use only and of course didn't uploaded theese PMDG textures anywhere.

Julian

n392fl.jpg

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

The color is set in the textures (dds). If you are talented with photoshop you COULD change them to your liking.

EDIT: There you have it... Haha!

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

The color is set in the textures (dds). If you are talented with photoshop you COULD change them to your liking.

EDIT: There you have it... Haha!

Zwei Dumme, ein Gedanke. ;-)

(Great minds think alike.)

Sorry, back to english...

But the english translation of that proverb sounds much nicer than the german meaning. Hehe...

Julian

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

I did this for a merger with a freeware 787. Not quiet realistic but I also wanted to see the 777 cockpit in grey and I find it looks very cool. I personally like the grey styled cockpit more then the beige one.

http://i60.tinypic.com/n392fl.jpg

I just used photoshop and DTXBmp Editor and pulled out all coulor from the beige cockpit textures.

Btw: I did this for personal use only and of course didn't uploaded theese PMDG textures anywhere.

Julian

n392fl.jpg

That looks fantastic Julian. That is exactly the look I had in mind, similar to the 737 NGX. If I'm able to change it to that sort of look then I'd definitely get it, thanks for sharing it :smile:

Just as a follow up to this, is DTXBmp Editor compatible with windows 7?

Have tried to install it a number of times and there seems to be a problem with some of the DLL files it is looking for. Checked on their site and tried to download the DLL pack they have there but it just comes up with about 8 lines of DLL errors when its trying to load.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Iain

Yes it works on my Windows 7 (and even Windows 8.1) computers. As you said, you need to have the dlls. I just put them in the folder where the exe is.

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

Yes it works on my Windows 7 (and even Windows 8.1) computers. As you said, you need to have the dlls. I just put them in the folder where the exe is.

Yeah I tried that but there seems to be a problem installing them just keep getting errors when I try to but just resolved problem, antivirus software was blocking the exe file!

Thanks for your help with this

Iain