Sign in to follow this  
dental12

edi-gla.co.uk site no more?

Hi

can someone recommend an alternative to this site since it cant be accessed. Its harder to follow along if we cant use the same tools as in the videos.

thx Lee.

Hmm that is a shame. It's not unknown that PFPX and the other planners give weird routes so I often find myself checking out the real ones from edi-gla. Anyone?

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Are you saying you can still use edi-gla?. If so how do you get to the Web site? Like I said, it appears to be down.

Are you saying you can still use edi-gla?. If so how do you get to the Web site? Like I said, it appears to be down.

No I mean I have used it up until recently. As you say, it appears to be down. Let's hope they get it back up soon.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Sim brief in the latest version pulls actual routes too (from various sources)

It gives the option to choose from several or paste in your own.

Can anyone log into their account in the EDI-GLA site? Their registration seems to be completely broken.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I've just tried registering to the edi-gla site. It's letting me register but not letting me log in.

I've just tried registering to the edi-gla site. It's letting me register but not letting me log in.

The site's registration is completely flawed. No one can register.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

If you want another free resource to help route plan and you intend to fly in in/out of the UK then may I recommend the UK AIP Standard Route Document (SRD). It lists the approved ATC routes and STAR's between most UK airfields sorted by Departure aerodrome or UK entry point.

It's available near the bottom of the menu at http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=165&Itemid=3.html

I use it in conjunction with PFPX to ensure the UK portion is as accurate as it can be.

I'm a bit late to the party, but I think I might have a good site that will help you get realistic routes in Europe.

https://www.eurofpl.eu/ The website requires (free) registration.

From what I've gathered it is linked to EUROCONTROL and CFMU, where all the IFR routes are validated, so there should be no unrealistic "simmy" routes.

If you need charts and AIP, you can go to http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadcms/eadsite/index.php.html and create a "EAD Basic" login and you will be able use documents from all countries within the Eurocontrol system.

Hope that helps anyone in the future.