Sign in to follow this  
pasterke

PMDG and Project Magenta

Guest markyp

Hi all,I am looking to expand my cockpit and buy project magenta for use with the PMDG.Is this possible? Has anyone at all done this and got it working somehow?The only problem I can see from an outside perspective is that what would u use for the overhead and other little bits that the PMDG has in its cockpit?Does anyone else have the joy of a PFD and ND on seperate screens etc somehow!??Your advice is much appreciated!RgdsMark PIS there someone in the UK (OXford way!) that has done this so I could go take a look!!

Hello,I have the PM modules for the Boeing and the PM SYSTEMS. If you want to use them with the PMDG system, I believe (no expert here) that you must deactivate the PMDG panel. There is a download on the PM site that has the requisite information to use the PMDG flight model and textures with the Project Magenta software.My experience with PM is very good so far BUT: 1. I have a rather big GOFLIGHT setup that needs programming via FSUIPCfor the PM modules.2. I actually tried the PMDG thing with the PM but now use freeware that is far easier for me to setup and remove their panels with no pain and strain.3. I went to multiple computers (3) and WIDEFS (registered) to run the PM modules. So far, the CDU (FMS) works great and so do the other modules. I actually use a smaller setup that uses the CDU and the MCP and I use NO GLASS COCKPIT. I have to remove the GOFLIGHT dll from the modules folder to use the PM with the MCP but the performance of the PM is great.Good luck,Ron Sagel

Guest cw1011

Project Majenta is pretty clear in their materials that their stuff is not likely to work with third party aircraft like PMDG. You use the stock or other third party aircraft that use the default MSFS panel. You can add a flight model to improve the handling and performance of the plane - that is not affected when using Project Majenta gauges.

Hi Mark,I'm using the PM Boeing full package with the PMDG737-700 and it works fine. You have to stop using the PMDG panel and CDU as it will interfere with PMs. The upside of this is that you can have a full forward view which is excellent.PM have a couple of minimal panels available which display the MCP. You can pick these up on their website. All I use of the PMDG is the AIR file, the model and texture files and the sound.To achieve all this it's necessary to have a minimum of two computers. Your main FS2004 one will run FS of course and will also run the PM MCP minimised. If you have Aerosoft's MCP that's even better but otherwise use the MCP on the PM panel.Your second machine (linked via WideFS) will run the Glass Cockpit. That's the PFD, ND and EICAS. I have this spread across two monitors - one displaying the PFD/ND over the whole screen and the EICAS showing on half of the other screen. On the other half of this screen I display the CDU. File size limitations prevent me from uploading a screenshot but I'll be happy to send one to you privately.The only aspect not covered in my system is the overhead but PM have brought out PMSystems - a software version of the overhead panel. I suggest that if you want more info on this you go to the forum on the PM site.The beauty of this arrangement is that the CPU on the flying PC can concentrate on processing just the outside view and not all the gauges on the panel. That helps frame rates a lot but does require the outlay for a second PC amd monitors.Hope that helps. Sorry I'm not any closer to you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather