Sign in to follow this  
Gtristain

Airbus X Extended textures only show up in DX-10 preview

Hello, I recently got the Airbus X Extended add-on for FSX but my textures are invisible in DX-9 mode. When I switch on DX-10 preview mode, however, my textures become visible again. I wish I could use Airbus X in DX-9 mode so I can use ENBseries again. Here is a screenshot of what my textures look like for Airbus X with DX-9:

My current add-ons are:

GEX USA
UTX USA
REX Essential

Squawk Box

FSUIPC

Computer specs:

Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
Model: Satellite S855
Processor: Intel ® Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 6.00 GB (5.89 GB usable)
System type: 64- bit Operating System, x64 based processor

iwiquw.jpg

Do you have HIGHMEMFIX=1 in your [GRAPHICS] section of the FSX.cfg?

No I do not have HIGHMEMFIX=1 @Florian

In that case I'd suggest you add that line to your FSX.cfg, unless you've done so already. That usually fixes issues like this one.

Best regards,

Sorry to hear that, Gtristain..I have one more idea, because I just came across this thread at the Aerosoft forums. That guy seems to have had the same problem as you had, and the cause for his problem was a faulty FSX Acceleration install, so I'd suggest to try a repair.

If that doesnt work out, I'm afraid I've run out of ideas, but you could also ask over at the Aerosoft Support forums for help, the AXE developers are quite active there, so they might have more ideas on how to solve your problem.

Best regards,

Make sure HIGHMEMFIX=1 goes under the [GRAPHICS] section in the .cfg!

Do you have any idea if this problem could be related to enbseries?

Have you added HIGHMEMFIX=1? It might be related to that, so try getting rid of that. If none of that works delete fsx.cfg and it will create a new one, you'll have to go back through settings but it's possible something got tweaked incorrectly.

Jeremy, if you go back and read posts 2-5 again, that's exactly what I have suggested earlier, and apparently it did not solve the problem :wink:.

I am not sure if that may be an ENB issue, but isn't ENB incompatible with DX10?

Jeremy, if you go back and read posts 2-5 again, that's exactly what I have suggested earlier, and apparently it did not solve the problem :wink:.

I am not sure if that may be an ENB issue, but isn't ENB incompatible with DX10?

My apologies! I didn't read that and I'm not sure why!

ENB is not compatible but I installed it when I was using DX-9 and then uninstalled it for DX-10, If I had not uninstalled enb corrrectly could that have broken the airbus?

I repaired the FSX acceleration folder and everything seems to be fine now. Thanks for the suggestions!