Sign in to follow this  
PLazarus

Paranoid about FMC....Sorry!

Guest B742FAN

Right now learning how to set up vatsim is a pain. Soon SB3 should be released allowing for easier learning curve to get connected. I would wait for that release before giving it a go. The realism of flying online and listening to all the realistic air traffic is just unbeatable in my book. Couple that with the very realistic a/c coming out and the feeling of accomplishment after each flight is really neat.All that said, it's very hard to go wrong with that dreamfleet 727. Superb aircraft in every way. The flight model on that one is just sooooo good.__Josh

OK You've all convinced me! I'm going to take time (perhaps this Saturday) and try to learn to FMC. Does it show a moving map like the GPS from Microsoft does? If not, how do you know exactly where you are by visual reference? Is it just numbers without the visual representation? Whatever, I will take the time to learn it since all of you seem to think it's the thing to do.

No it does not show a moving map.Visual reference? FMC's are for instrument navigation. You don't need visual references at 36000ft. ;)

Go for it...it's worth learning ....Visual reference..yes.... once you have entered a route you activate it... the route then appears on the EHSI ( horizontal situation indicator -lower display on PMDG/LDS sims ). Paul