Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

17JUN14 - Scheduling and General Updates

Thanks for the update, Ryan!

Get well soon, Robert.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Just to let everyone know - I got word a few minutes ago that RSR is out of surgery and into recovery and the doctors think it went very well.

Great news! :yahoo:

yeEIP.gif

Regards

Billy Lundin

Actually not to sound insensitive but I find it strange that the release of the SP1 and -300ER is delayed again due to RSR on medical leave? Like any company the work does not stop when the management is away. Wait someone is going to jump in to say that software industry is different from all other industries. This is the first time I have heard that a product/ service is delayed yet again as the management is on medical leave. To buy more time? Just be honest with your customers will do. First it was "it will be released when it is ready" and now this?

Thanks Ryan,  Our prayers and thoughts have been answered.

Actually not to sound insensitive but I find it strange that the release of the SP1 and -300ER is delayed again due to RSR on medical leave? Like any company the work does not stop when the management is away. Wait someone is going to jump in to say that software industry is different from all other industries. This is the first time I have heard that a product/ service is delayed yet again as the management is on medical leave. To buy more time? Just be honest with your customers will do. First it was "it will be released when it is ready" and now this?

If you want a reply from PMDG, at least adhere to their forum rules and sign your post.

PS : a friendly advise.

Hi! Thank you for your advice. But what answer we expect to get from PMDG? "It will be released when it is ready" or "the work goes on"? Do not need to have a reply as it seems to serve nothing more than merely lip service.

But just to follow the forum rules I will sign off.

Darren

If you want a reply from PMDG, at least adhere to their forum rules and sign your post.

PS : a friendly advise.

Hi! Thank you for your advice. But what answer we expect to get from PMDG? "It will be released when it is ready" or "the work goes on"? Do not need to have a reply as it seems to serve nothing more than merely lip service.

Darren

Darren,

as was discussed in this topic earlier, PMDG is not a company of sufficient size that "RSR" performs a purely managerial function. They need all the people they have to check, test, and verify their products' quality. This means that any unfortunate circumstance, even if only as simple as "my car was broken and cable is out, so I can't come to the office or work remote", will have an immediate effect on their delivery capability. Since we all are users of a game called FSX (P3D being not yet formally supported by PMDG products), we are disappointed but not seriously inconvenienced by this. Apart from that, I personally fully support the "fix what you can find before delivery, rather than deliver broken and ship patches" approach. I have a 737NGX and  a 777-200LR/F that both fly well and am nowhere near to being an expert on either. So I have enough to do in the mean time. Life continues quite happily without the 300ER and SP1.

So, if I may be so bold, lighten up. Enjoy your hobby (hobbies perhaps) with the already available stuff you have. Rejoice with us that our common friend appears to be on the path of speedy recovery. And lastly, bask in the warm feeling that all is being done to provide you with the best of quality when the announced products finally do arrive.

Cheers,

Bert

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Darren

Then why post if that is your train of thought?

Richie Walsh

Bert, you're beating your head against a brick wall. There hasn't been a post that wasn't a whine or a demand for a schedule in P6 (native, of course), with a base line, updated twice a day, with a ten page report explaining any slippage and a plan to bring the project back on track, 'cos you know, there is a contract with deliverables, LDs and... Oh, hang on. No, there isn't.

Something like a shout box? Being fed rubbish info so I just try to echo the same back in the forum.

But Bert, thank you for that kind advice. Anyway I have grounded my FS X and am into Formula 1 racing at the moment so am not really that concerned by the ridiculously late release of the SP1 and -300ER. (are they trying to break the one year anniversary since the original release before SP1 is released?) But it was just reading their so called "updates" that gets I am sure not just me but many others alike on the forum frustrated as it just appears to be buying time statements. I can bet when the SP1 comes out, there will be many complaints on this forum about it also as PMDG now is trying to forge a romantic notion of perfection (which is why it is taking so long) but we all know that is impossible.

Darren

Then why post if that is your train of thought?

Something like a shout box? Being fed rubbish info so I just try to echo the same back in the forum.

But Bert, thank you for that kind advice. Anyway I have grounded my FS X and am into Formula 1 racing at the moment so am not really that concerned by the ridiculously late release of the SP1 and -300ER. (are they trying to break the one year anniversary since the original release before SP1 is released?) But it was just reading their so called "updates" that gets I am sure not just me but many others alike on the forum frustrated as it just appears to be buying time statements. I can bet when the SP1 comes out, there will be many complaints on this forum about it also as PMDG now is trying to forge a romantic notion of perfection (which is why it is taking so long) but we all know that is impossible.

Darren

Don't know why you but their products if you are so disappointed.

Richie Walsh

Bottom line is, release date for RSR will be earlier than for SP1.

And I am quite happy with that.   B)

Oh definitely!

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Because like many lured into buying it expecting as what they publish in their statements of why they take so long in development to be of that standard. But with sky high expectations then you start to see people post on forums like this of this problem and that problem with the long delayed released product. Gosh speaking of this, now it is what? 9months since the release of the B777X and still no SP1?

Don't know why you but their products if you are so disappointed.