Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

17JUN14 - Scheduling and General Updates

or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

Yeah but lately trolling or responding to them IS normal.  It's the new circle of life on here.  Minus Elton John and Simba. 

not sure if it is just me ticking this way, but reading this from distance makes me wonder why so many people here try to defend PMDG. i said it before and i repeat, they don t need that, they are the best when it comes to quality and they know it. (yes, unfortunately for us customers they know it)

a few guys being unhappy about schedule management? that is normal... even if you are on time you will have those answering it was overdue anyhow.

as long as all of you backfire you will get replies... so as one said here: let it go. it will eventually stop.

and again, it is a customer's right to complain

Such a profound rebuttal, Darren....

The poise, the wit, the elegance.....

As far as the SP goes, I'd rather wait for a service pack that will fix most (if not all) of the major issues as well as a plethora of small, tiny minor ones then get dozens of service packs that never really seem to bring the product closer to perfection. I'll refrain from naming specific devs, but use your imagination.....

He posted one word and an ellipsis the size of Jupiter. Ignoring it would have been the best strategy rather than responding and encouraging it.

Wouldn't it be better to spend our time contemplating my potential Nobel prize winning creation, known as Kyle? I know you all want one in your home, although possibly blonde and female. My cybernetic advancements are far more interesting.

Just saying.

Hope the Nobel committee are watching.

Please don't hijack this thread.

I wish RSR a quick release recovery.

Damn.

All these flight simulation forums are so pessimistic and full of argumentative users with the exception of a few. It makes me sad. :(

Hi, next week we're step into 1st half of july. Personally I expecting great news from Pmdg... Or maybe 2 more long weeks need to wait? What is your opinions guys?

As a result, we are planning for the first half of July as the current release window for the SP1 and 300ER.

VERY GOOD !!! :Party:

when it will be, it will be, just let them get it right !! In PMDG we trust.

Hi, next week we're step into 1st half of july. Personally I expecting great news from Pmdg... Or maybe 2 more long weeks need to wait? What is your opinions guys?

if anything, i would expect the END of a proposed timeframe rather than the beginning of it. otherwise there is a pretty good chance you will be disappointed.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

not sure if it is just me ticking this way, but reading this from distance makes me wonder why so many people here try to defend PMDG. i said it before and i repeat, they don t need that, they are the best when it comes to quality and they know it. (yes, unfortunately for us customers they know it)

I know this will probably fall on deaf ears to most (though, I have a feeling you'll at least know where I'm coming from, Oscar, even if you don't agree with me fully), but I feel that, even if the company doesn't need defending, there's also an impartial stance that can be important.  It goes along with your final point that "it's a customer's right to complain."  While I agree with that, at the same time, I also worked customer service, where no employee in their right mind would point out how illogical a customer's viewpoint was.  As such, there's no way the company can defend itself against complete customer illogic.  Defense there is a societal thing.

I'll give an example:

United Airlines is a company that I'd argue doesn't quite need "defense" from people (and I certainly wouldn't defend it in the fan-like sense, ever).  My friend once went off in a vitriolic rant about the airline, whining about how stupid it was that his flight got delayed.  What followed was the Generic Stupid Traveler RantTM, that airline employees hear all too often:

"I was looking outside, and the weather was fine.  I called my aunt in Boston (the destination), and she said that the weather was fine.  So, clearly, whoever was saying it was a weather issue was just being an idiot.  It must have been something else, like a maintenance issue that they were trying to cover up!"

...which - again, not at all in defense of the airline - I replied:

"You do realize that, in order to get to Boston, you have to fly over Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts, right?"

"Well, duh," he said.

"So you're telling me that the only places allowed to possess weather are Chantilly, Virginia; and Boston, Massachusetts?"

"No.  Why would you argue that???"

"...because your argument that 'the weather is fine here, and in Boston,' fails to take into account the giant line of thunderstorms that battered the snot out of Pennsylvania last night, which was the cause of your delayed flight.  Until teleportation becomes a thing, you'll have to pay attention to the weather in between, too.  Logic, dude...logic..."

It wasn't that I was arguing to defend them.  I was arguing so that his misguided opinion might not affect some other company down the road.  Some consumers walk around like they're supreme beings of intelligence and have a right to cast down their wholly-informed opinion onto whatever company they so choose.  The problem is, many of the opinions out there are pretty misguided. ("OMG WE SAT ON THE RUNWAY FOR LIKE 4 HOURS!!!"...you sat where?  Try the holding pad, genius.)  Of course, the thought that their opinions are iron clad and full of intelligence and knowledge then carries on to other companies, and perhaps companies that need defense, because they're fledgling and new.  So they go traipsing over to the new business, full of their "I'm the customer, and I'm right" entitlement attitude and then berate the business for something that, on its face might be questionable, but it's out of the company's control.  After making a scene, they go bombard social media with how terrible the experience was, and, unfortunately, sometimes that's all it takes to turn people.  Some small businesses can't recover from things like that.

In the customer service world - internally - the customer is always right.  A company would be pretty dumb to sit there and question a customer if they wanted to keep them, but when it's outside of company-customer communications, the customer is certainly not always right.

Kyle Rodgers

Maybe it's time for everybody to run 84 times around your house\basement...whatever, and then visit your family, they haven't seen you for month's, before checking out this forum again...

Agree with above. There is so much to do while waiting for this update...

World Cup is one, go out is another one....and...doing lot of long hauls with the MD11 :P !!

Cheers

Alex