Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

17JUN14 - Scheduling and General Updates

People laughed at steam years ago but I liked their service from the start.

I hope we are possible to register our copy of FSX in steam like it was in the old days with Half-Life and Counter-Strike.

I don't mind Steam to be honest. I used to hate it, but after playing thousands of hours on Garry's Mod, Counter Strike and Half Life... I grew to like it.

Also, I am bloody loving the 77L. Just reading through the manuals and learning and I hope to do my first proper flight with it on Friday, Vancouver to Toronto and back.

Steam is fine, the issue is the future of FSX under this licensee.  MS is not making any friends with selling us out like this IMHO.

spacer.png

Steam is fine, the issue is the future of FSX under this licensee. MS is not making any friends with selling us out like this IMHO.

MS had no friends left after turning their back to us. What is the use for us simmers when a license isn't beeing used?

I don't know this software company so I can't judge them.

Even though it's quite off topic:

The train simulator community knows the particular developer quite well, apparently. They don't seem to be too fond of that developer.

Sad fact is that Dovetail would not make nearly as much $$$ by aiming at the hardcore community, compared to a dumbed-down, Train Sim style product. Simple business decision really.

Dovetail is all about the DLC.  The core game has not really changed much at all since 2010 and they are making no attempt to develop it in the direction of "Simulation"  Its a game and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I suppose at the end of the day its much like FSX. Without 3rd parties (call it DLC if you must)  it would be long forgotton.  FSX has A2A PMDG and many other quality 3rd parties. Train "simulator" has Just Trains (advance series engines) and a "few" quality scenery addons, but the core game has not changed.

I really don't expect much from Dovetail but i've been wrong before.

Consensus is -- and I agree -- nothing good likely for us.

DoveTail Games Buys Licensing Deal with Microsoft - MS FSX Forum - The AVSIM Community

I agree, if a product requiring so much developing effort like FSX that would not even be continued by a company life Microsoft is left to mass-marketing company strategies then efforts for a true high quality products might be hindered ...... but also they might inderectly gain support for better projects because more people will be interested in aviation simulation.

Cannot wait! Only like two more months for SP1 considering PMDG standards! I am even reinstalling FSX soon.

PMDG Development for Xplane:

We are nearing completion on our first project for Xplane!  As we have previously mentioned, this project is designed to be a development catalyst to help us learn how to work with that platform more effectively- and it has been a great exercise thus far.

We will be unveiling the project sometime in the next 60 days (estimated) and we will also announce the second project for Xplane at that time...

Still 12 days to the estimated unveiling event date... I don't know if the date will be confirmed (maybe due to the 777's SP1b work-in-progress) but can't wait to see which plane PMDG has chosen for their X-Plane debut and to know some more about their second project!!!

Please Robert let us know something as soon as possible!!!

Best regards

Angelo Maggio

17JUN14 - Scheduling and General Updates

PMDG Development for Xplane:

We are nearing completion on our first project for Xplane!  As we have previously mentioned, this project is designed to be a development catalyst to help us learn how to work with that platform more effectively- and it has been a great exercise thus far.

We will be unveiling the project sometime in the next 60 days (estimated) and we will also announce the second project for Xplane at that time...

ETA: 

Saturday, August 16, 2014 

Fssss...

What is that? The fuse for the rage bomb?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Well, if you don't follow their rules, why should they listen to you? ;-)

Well, if you don't follow their rules, why should they listen to you? ;-)

Touché

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg