Sign in to follow this  
megatransat

FSX can't run longer than 2 hours with PMDG 737 NGX

I can't ever finish flight because my computer can't handle it anymore and crashes after 2 hours. I only run PMDG 737 ngx as an addon for fsx nothing else.  Why can't my PC survive for more than 2 hours of FSX? 

How can I upgrade my computer so it can run for long hauls(15 hours) once I get the PMDG 777-300?

My PC specs:

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7570

RAM: 8 GB

CPU: Intel i5 3570K @3.40 GHZ

System type: 64 Bit operating system on a windows 8

Number of processor cores: 4

Storage: 1861 GB (1739 GB free, barely anything)

My PC rating in system settings(base score): 5.9

Processor: 7.8

Ram: 7.8

Graphics: 6.7

Gaming Graphics: 6.7

Primary hard disk: 5.9 

PC SPECS IN MORE DETAILED VIEW: 

System     Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard   Model h8-1427   Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM   System type 64-bit operating system   Number of processor cores 4 Storage     Total size of hard disk(s) 1861 GB   Disk partition (C:) 1739 GB Free (1841 GB Total)   Disk partition (D:) 3 GB Free (21 GB Total)   Media drive (I:) CD/DVD Graphics     Display adapter type AMD Radeon HD 7570   Total available graphics memory 5857 MB         Dedicated graphics memory 2048 MB         Dedicated system memory 0 MB         Shared system memory 3809 MB   Display adapter driver version 8.981.0.0   Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080   DirectX version DirectX 11 or better

Any chance you could post the errors that you are getting? it might shed a bit more light onto what is actually causing the crash.

You can find the logs in the Windows Event Viewer under applications

I have had this problem before, and I did a full reinstall of FSX and was very selective about what addons I reinstalled - it has actually solved the problem.

I re installed and have nothing but the PMDG 737 Ngx it is not a problem  with other little things in the system. Professionals have told me it is the hardware inside the computer. Any recommendations for hardware? 

Even then, it still would be helpful to have a look at what errors you're getting.

I agree I just ran YSSY to CYVR which is 14 hours with lots on addons, and my pc isnt too much different to yours and had zero problems.

1.you need to explain the "crash"

2,which airports you are going to and from

3,are you using ai ?

4.do you have textures at 4096 ? 

trust me mate, we have all been in this boat before, but we need to know what settings etc etc you have 

14ppkc-6.png

Professionals have told me it is the hardware inside the computer. Any recommendations for hardware? 

I feel sorry for the companies that these so called "professionals" work for and mind you, I'm saying that as an IT professional for 27 years for a major mutli-national.

I agree I just ran YSSY to CYVR which is 14 hours with lots on addons, and my pc isnt too much different to yours and had zero problems.

1.you need to explain the "crash"

2,which airports you are going to and from

3,are you using ai ?

4.do you have textures at 4096 ? 

trust me mate, we have all been in this boat before, but we need to know what settings etc etc you have 

This doesnt happen at certain airports, it always crashes in midflight or during descent. 

Am I using ai? No.

Do I have textures at 4096? I am not sure, I haven't touched anything so it is at the FSX default.

If you could, please download "AppCrashView" from a website and open it. Next, scroll through the list and find the error. Copy everything it says - especially the FAULTING MODULE: XX.

The faulting module is usually what will give us insight on what exactly is causing the crash. Just because only the NGX is installed doesn't mean you're clear of any errors having to do with graphics or excessive computer loads. Let me know what you find out and hopefully I will be able to help!

I haven't touched anything so it is at the FSX default.

Andrej....your issue is not your system, its the statement I quoted above.  You MUST absolutely, positively, unequivocally "touch" your system to enhance your performance and potentially fix your issue, which by the way you're describing it is the dreaded "Out of Memory" (OOM) that is common to our community for people who have not become very good at tweaking their system.

Where to start? The PMDG 777 Introduction Manual!  As I mention in my post here:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/444603-new-laptophorrible-perfomance/#entry3012334 , it gives great advice on some very basic tweaking that may solve (or minimize) your issue.

By the question you're asking, and by the post counter under your name I can see you are new here, so welcome, and please search for these keywords both in the AVSIM forums and on the entire internet:

OOM

Tweaking FSX

himemfix=1

Bojote

bufferpools

These will get you into the pages that will help you tweak your system.  (I'm not advocating all those tweak options, so please to those who disagree with bufferpools or Bojote's tweaks, don't start a tweak war...hehe.  I just gave those keywords to get him to the pages that describe our community's generally accepted tweaks.  He can read all the opposing views and decide himself).

This is not a 1 tweak fix, you won't fix it in 2 mins of skimming over a tweaking guide, make one tweak then give up.  You have to commit yourself to doing some research on the topic of FSX tweaking and work though the tweaks and see what you get.  If this was an easy, one step fix, believe me every simmer here would have already posted that answer to you.

But we all know its not, so please don't get discouraged if you make a few tweaks and they don't necessarily work.  

Good luck,

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

What he said!  :Applause:

And along with my advice, you are getting guidance from 2 simmers that have a combined presence on these forums of over 24 years!  We aren't making this stuff up.  :Big Grin:

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

can you copy and paste the fsx.cfg ? also do you use windows 7 64 bit ? and does it crash to desktop when you "right click " on the screen ?

14ppkc-6.png

I don't get any message or anything when FSX crashes?

Even if you aren't getting anny message, something would be logged in the event viewer, which is what I assume AppCrashView interfaces to.

Just copy the crash information from AppCrashView to here, 9/10 times we can diagnose the issue just from that, it will help speed up the process.