Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

Hard Time Finding Scenery? Search No More.

Guest Heather 636

Good day everybody. I hope I'm posting this in the right place.Most of you know me by my numerous repaints over the last few years. Well, amongst other things, collecting scenery files for MSFS has become another hobby all unto itself. I initially tried to help my fellow flight-simmers with this data I've collected by uploading periodical scenery directory catalogs. However, the problem with this turned out to be large file sizes and the fact that within a few weeks, any such directories were soon out of date.Well, no more. Thanks to the generosity of Avsim for the space, and a huge thanks to Bill

Guest trekfan

Great site, keep up the good work :)Brad.

Guest panda234

Thx much Heather!Btw, great pic on the main page of your site. :-)billg

Guest vas_yan

Very good initiative! I am also familiar with the other site, but a little competition never hurt anyone.Edited to say that one thing you could do is to notify as to how relevant sceneries interact with one another, if they require something else to work properly etc .(e.g. the Alps altiports requiring Lago Terramesh). Regards,

Guest Heather 636

Thanks guys. The best way to answer your question Ricardo would be for you to check the site out and decide for yourself. I am not here to make comment on anyone else's site unless it would be in their favor. That is a very good site that you mentioned. In fact, it inspired me to try and do better.In the past, as well as now, I have always derived more pleasure from an activity when I was able to give something back to it. That's all I'm trying to do here. I hope that the site will prove useful to the majority of the flight-simmers who visit it.Thank you for that suggestion Vassilis. That has occurred to me. In most cases, such details are mentioned in the description by the author; however I have also seen where it is not. I will attempt to do so in future additions.Regards,Heather

Thank you much Heather :) - bookmarked.regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Had a look on it, definetely bookmarked :)What an incredible work !But man, tell me something. Have you installed each of them ?!-Jerome COVINI

Congratulations, Heather. It looks very good and will be very helpful to all.Best regards.Luis

Guest Heather 636

LOL! Heavens no. I'd never have time for anything else. As it is now, I almost never fly any more. All of my spare time is spent repainting and working on my website. I'm enjoying it though, the important thing. Glad you like the site.Cheers!Heather

Guest jaapverduijn

I thoroughly recommend Heather's site. Firstly because of its usefulness and quality of course, secondly because Heather is one of the very few people in this world whose guts and spirit in great adversity I admire. She's alright in my book.Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest yarvelling

To Ricardo....whats wrong with a second website doing similar? If one site doesn't have a certain file, then there's a good chance that the alternative will...right? No-one can know of everything...two repositories such as these are more valuable than one...plus, what if one site goes down and is unavailable for some reason??Heather..thanks for doing this...I like it :) Nice website, though if you don't object, one little note that I would like to make....Having your scenery download directory under the 'gallery' heading is a little misleading...perhaps rename it to something a little more obvious??Otherwise...GREAT!! ;)

Nice site. Thanks. I can't seem to get the clickable maps to work, but that isn't a big deal. Also, when you bookmark it (at least in Mozilla) the bookmark has no name. I think this may be due to not using an HTML Title attribute in the document head, but I'm not an HTML guru. More significant, could you consider a a possible indexing change or crosslink? The world according to FS9 is divided into 10 scenery regions. It would be helpful to have the maps drawn on this basis, or at least provide some reference to them.For example, in FS9 Antarctica and Hawaii are part of ocen (oceania). Your Oceania map even shows Hawaii, but Hawaii scenery is indexed under United States. Obviously scenery entries can be found quickly enough in your system (though it isn't obvious why Johnston Atoll was included under United States/Hawaii and not Oceania).Please don't take this as a criticism, just something to consider.scott s..

Guest firehawk44

Great site! Easy to navigate w/i the site and looks like you really put a lot of effort into making it a pleasant place to visit.Jim Young

Guest bricrock

WoW! very nice site Heather. It's people like you that make the FlightSim community so great. :-) Thank you,BrianKPSF