Sign in to follow this  
Capt Tufty

Flying in the UK

Hi all,

I have just gone back to flying in the UK from Middle East, where I was getting a nice steady 30 FPS (airports & and in the air) with little if any micro stutters, but for some reason I can never get good FPS when in the UK, when at EGLL or EGKK getting no more than 6 FPS and the rest of the UK around 10 FPS, I know EGLL is bit of of killer, but with traffic down, no cars etc.. any ideas why and how I can fix/tweaks?

Many thanks for any help,support or ideas you can offer... if you need any more info, let me know.

System:
Windows 7 64bit
AMD FX4100 4.00ghz
Ram 16gb
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

Addons (when flying in the UK)

FTX Global & Vectors
FS Global Ultimate
DX10 Fixer
UK2000 Heathrow V3
UK2000 Gatwick
UK2000 Liverpool
UK2000 Manchester
UK2000 Edinburgh
UK2000 East Midlands
UK2000 Cardiff

Just to add my CFG file is tweaked, but can show if thats helpful...  

AMD FX4100 4.00ghz

There lies yourproblem and it's called AMD.

I went from an 8150 Octacore clocked at 4.4 Ghz to Intell 4760K (at 3.6Ghz stock speed) and my frames improved dramatically. With the AMD I was able to get 15 fps in Aerosoft Amsterdam. With the Intell I have 30 (wich I set as a max in FSX)

Also make sure you have a good .cfg file.

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

Hi Maaren,

Yes thats my next purchase, to upgrade my motherboard and CPU, so do you think the Intell 4760k would be a good choice then?