Sign in to follow this  
Guest LLgaz

So what is the history of Level D?

Guest panda234

I had never heard of them before they released the 767, and they have kind of rocked the fs world, to say the least. I can't remember any addon having the kind of impact this one has had. billg

Bill, the guys have been around for years! They released their first 767 for FS2000 way back called PIC marketed by Wilco Pub. Thankfully they updated the panel to work with FS2002! It was a huge hit then and has been anticipated for a long time because it didn't work in FS2004.The new version was released under Level-D simulations. New name but some old faces.. :)

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest UweR

...and I think the original PiC 767 for FS2000 was the sixth version (the former were freeware) of Eric Ernst

Reading John's note takes me waaay back to the 'root' of it all - Eric Ernst 767v7 for fs98 - talk about rocking the fs world. You had to have a 300mhz processor at least to run that thing :). APU, pneumatics, we were all blown away.Some of the same guys are now LDS if I'm not sadly mistaken - thanks gents.edit - Uwe beat me to it :)regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest LLgaz

The 767PIC ranked as the best addon ever produced for quite a long time....some will say today that it still has this honorable distinction. The flight dynamics were excellent, and for the first time, the failure modelling was extremely well done. The PIC767 even simulated blown tyres during the takeoff roll.The FMC was better than anything ever done before.......But, don't take my word for it.Why not take the word of a real life 757 captain that did a review of it as patched for FS2002.May I present Mr. "B.Ball" who flies for Northwest Airlines:http://www.frugalsworld.com/reviews/767pic-rev1.shtml